Ohio gun owners feelings towards illegal immigration and amnesty

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by rebel_son, April 13, 2013.

1. rebel_son

rebel_son

Hi all
    Amnesty and the chaos it will cause is one of my "soap box" issues. I have been doing what I can to fight it for some time and was curious of how gun owners in Ohio feel about illegal immigration and amnesty for those who broke into the country.
    I understand there is a human side to the debate, but I also believe in the rule of law and that we need to take care of Americans first. I honestly believe most of the people who are illegal and their anchor baby children have little loyalty to the USA. Notice all the Mexican flags when they demand rights.
    Now here is how I think guns are threatened by amnesty for illegals ( in addition to our education, welfare, and social security systems. Don't believe me look to CA)
    A majority of illegals are Latino ( yes there are many patriots that are Latino) and the majority of those are Mexican. Illegals tend to be uneducated and do manual labor. They also tend to have very large families and often since many of the kids are anchor babies they get public benefits like WIC or food stamps in addition to a free education even if the kids are illegal. According to the national council of la raza 40% of those on WIC are Latino with no breakdown of those illegal, legal, or anchor babies. Now when you take this kind of government dependence along with the fact Democrats have been trying to get amnesty for years ( yes I know about Reagan and we see it was a mistake) so I think it is fair to assume Democrats will get the Latino vote by the percentages they are now plus millions of "new democrats".
    Very simple for gun owners with half a brain. This means more presidents like Obama, more justices like Kagan, and more gun laws like New Jersey or worse.
    If they want to do something to help people that is one thing, but giving away the country is another in order just to win elections, especially when it will cost me my rights or you your rights.
    If amnesty goes through I predict the end of the usa ( further) as we know it within 20 years and the usa ceasing to exist within 100. We just can't afford it.

Before you render an opinion or call me racist I would ask you read these two articles by a friend of mine (online acquaintance) and watch the videos at the end of the second one.
    White Students Told to Remove T-shirts with the American Flag on Them on Cinco De Mayo Because it Offends Mexicans Since It's A "Mexican Holiday" - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    Obama Decides to Sue Alabama Because of Its New Immigration Law to Protect the State and Citizens from Foreign Invaders Instead of Fixing the Economy - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

I really want some thoughts here. I know its devisive, but we seem in deep as a country and I think this does not help in general and this is one way that can lead to our disarmament.

2. diesel

diesel

This is a good question, Reb. I haven't really given it that much thought as my mind has been consumed by the 2A assaults and what our country has become.
    One thing i can think of for sure, though, i certainly don't want to pick all that lettuce.:rofl: :flag:

3. rebel_son

rebel_son

Yeah but we might be saying

"I wish I picked my own lettuce"

NO offense to anyone, but there are bumper stickers I have seen with Obama and it says "If I had know this I would have picked my own cotton"

Seems we are more divided than ever because of him.

4. diesel

diesel

You are correct, Sir.:flag:

5. What happens in the USA stays in the USA

As a US born citizen whose grandparents gained admission to the US through Elis Island legally, I feel that my path to citizenship is based on legal actions and can not be disputed.
    Immigrants who come to this country by choice do so at there own risk if they do so illegally. Here in lies the problem within that statement.
    We as a people nationally don't have enough pride in our own nation to stop what is going on in our government. The apathetic nature of society leaves the fixing of what is wrong to those in control instead of becoming involved and taking pride in what we have built and guarding that republic from all who would destroy it today.
    I really like the phrase turned in the second article of "immigrant invader" and feel that maybe this is how we need to treat these illegals. Doing so would place them in a category that would fall well within the guidelines of NDAA, allowing detention without warrant or representation. Treating them like the enemy to this nation they truly should be considered.
    The infiltration of a nation by your enemy may at first seem quite innocent and appear to have positive global ramafications for the good of all concerned until it is too late. Look at many of the countries that have influx of refuges suffering from wars and genocide within their own countries, looking for nothing more that a place to escape.
    Eventually even with help from the outside world they must close their borders and often times force these refuges from their country at gun point in order to survive economically or defend itself from the same fate the refuges are fleeing from as is the case with our own refuges for they have brought extreme violence along with thereselves to our country.
    I have always considered myself to be a fair and compassionate person and have no problem offering a helping hand to my fellow man when in need.
    My ire arises when people demand help for what ever reason. This I apply to all class of persons but especially those who feel they can break the law and expect other people to fend for them as if they are owed this free care. They call this the land of the free and those who think that everything is free needs to step make into their own country and try again to become citizens legally. Fore IMO those not legally in this country should have no protection under the laws of this nation and whatever happens to them they have brought onto thereselves, what happens in the USA stays in the USA. :flag:

6. rebel_son

rebel_son

Re: What happens in the USA stays in the USA

Man there are some patriots in OH. If the wife lands a teaching job there I would be willing to come as its one of the places she is inteviewing.

Just need to find a good pizza joint

7. MikeH121

MikeH121

Re: What happens in the USA stays in the USA

East Side if Cincinnati is Gramma's Pizza...the family is Greek. My neighbor's cousins they make the tastiest crust out of them all and I am one who makes my own pizza.