Obama Administration Expands ATF’s Power to Seize Property

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by whitewolf68, September 8, 2012.

1. Obama Administration Expands ATF’s Power to Seize Property

As part of a one-year trial run, the Department of Justice has granted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives the power to “to seize and administratively forfeit property allegedly involved in controlled substance offenses,†which is almost tantamount to saying that on the mere suspicion that one is doing something illegal, the ATF can snatch one’s firearms and property.

The Washington Times, among other publications, have explained the implications of this new DoJ decree:
    It’s a dangerous extension of the civil-forfeiture doctrine, a surreal legal fiction in which the seized property — not a person — is put on trial. This allows prosecutors to dispense with pesky constitutional rights, which conveniently don’t apply to inanimate objects. In this looking-glass world, the owner is effectively guilty until proved innocent and has the burden of proving otherwise. Anyone falsely accused will never see his property again unless he succeeds in an expensive uphill legal battle.

Obama Administration Expands ATF?s Power to Seize Property - Gun News at Guns.com

2. diesel

diesel

This man,:evil:and that other dude, hillary clinton, will stop at nothing to destroy the second amendment. Sooner or later, it's going to fall to us to stop them.....think about it.:flag:

3. LMAO I could not agree more with you sir. My dad has always taught me to fear a government that fears me and my guns.