NW Ohio School to allow teachers and administration to carry guns.

Discussion in 'The 2nd Amendment' started by rjrivero, January 11, 2013.

1. rjrivero

rjrivero

2. This great for everyone involved. We needed someone in Ohio to take the first step of this kind help others make up their minds. Hopefully this will start the tide of change to protect our schools properly and Constitutionally.

3. MikeH121

MikeH121

There are training ctrs that would teach cheap or free for all teachers. All they gotta do is ask. The 2A supporters are parents also. If we let them teach the little ones would it not be better than the ones you hear used themselves as shields and instead put lead down-hall. Most of the crazies confronted with arms took themselves out.

The students should not be aware who's carrying, my company has done 3 more schools this last week and we got 1Monday to look at. I am already rekeying all the 20 year old locks in an Elementary School. Can only do so many a day and not everyday. I was supposed to to it during spring break, now I may have it finished by then. But while walking the halls had a passing thought.

If some nutball got in and I spotted him with a weapon, I would take him out with my tools, locks or whatever I had in my hands and rush the bastard. I might freeze up? But I am a person who would act and believe that you gets a helping hand even in the afterlife if ya does a selfless thing in life. Kids may be walking petri-dishes of all sorts of germs and annoying at times but we adults have a duty to act. I figure he could not hit a moving target especially when he has to duck in-coming objects.

4. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

I went to a Buckeye Fire Arms meeting last night. They have instituted a program to teach tactical skills to teachers. The pre-requisites are that the teachers need to have their CCW, not be new shooters and have approval from their school board to carry. There were 24 openings and over 1100 teachers applied. Here is a link to more info. THIS is what we should be doing.

Also, I found out that in Ohio, the school board can grant written permission to carry on school property. If anyone wants more information on this, let me know and I'll see about tracking it down.

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

The rest of the back story here, Prepper, is that the Chief of Police in Montpilier is an adjunct instructor at the Tactical Defense Institute (TDI). TDI and the Buckeye Firearms Association (BFA) are working together to make that Armed Teacher Training Program happen. I believe this school system will be the shake out step for the Armed Teacher Training Program.

Rumor has it that another NW Ohio School District is going to follow suit. They will also have teachers at the TDI training session, as well.

6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

We have talked for ages, around here, that teachers and other staff should carry. You never know what can happen in a school. Why would the kids even know someone has a gun? Concealed is what concealed is all about. Oh, maybe teachers will have to go back to the days when people dressed professionally instead of like they were going to the bar or on a picnic after school. Remember when men wore suits and woman wore skirts, dresses or pants suits. Heck, last time I was in my sons school, a few years ago, one of the teachers had a skirt on so short when she walked away from me I could see her hoochie with every step. I remember asking my son if students were allowed to dress like that. He laughed and said MOM that is a teacher not a student. I couldn't believe my eyes. When my husband pointed this out to the principal the guy just shrugged his shoulders.

7. diesel

diesel

Tell me Brat, where can the hoochie teacher be found? I would like to teach here GUNS 101.....for free!:rofl: :flag: