• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

No Murder Charge For Man Who Killed Texas Deputy In No Knock Raid

While this guy is not going to walk, a Texas Grand Jury has determined that capitol murder charges will not be brought against this man for killing a Texas Deputy in a "no knock" middle of the night raid (looking for marijuana and guns). While I'm certainly not a proponent of marijuana, the idea of raiding a house in the middle of the night to arrest someone on a marijuana charge when it's strongly suspected that firearms were present (legal BTW) just seems like a stupid idea to me. If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, my 1st thought is "Bad Guy" ... How about you?

A Central Texas man who shot and killed a sheriff's deputy entering his home will not be charged with capital murder, attorneys said Thursday.

A local grand jury declined Wednesday to indict Henry Goedrich Magee for the Dec. 19 death of Burleson County Sgt. Adam Sowders, who was part of a group of investigators executing a search warrant for Magee's rural home.

Sowders and other officers entered the home about 90 miles northwest of Houston without knocking just before 6 a.m. Authorities were looking for guns and marijuana.

Magee's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, said his client thought he was being burglarized, reached for a gun and opened fire.

DeGuerin has acknowledged his client had a small number of marijuana plants and seedlings, as well as guns he owned legally. The grand jury did indict Magee for possession of marijuana while in possession of a deadly weapon, a third-degree felony.

"This was a terrible tragedy that a deputy sheriff was killed, but Hank Magee believed that he and his pregnant girlfriend were being robbed," DeGuerin said in an interview Thursday.

"He did what a lot of people would have done," DeGuerin added. "He defended himself and his girlfriend and his home."

The longtime defense attorney said he could not immediately remember another example of a Texas grand jury declining to indict a defendant in the death of a law enforcement officer..... See full story in the link below

No Murder Charge for Man Who Shot Texas Deputy - ABC News

This type of policy has a good chance of getting someone killed every time they execute one of these raids. Hopefully they will re-think these types of raids and save lives of both sides. As for the grand jury not bringing murder charges against this guy, I agree. I would have started firing also with that type of entry.

Jim

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
If anybody breaks down the front door at 3am, they will receive the contents of the full magazine from its "dispenser" immediately on acquisition.

I don't care what they're yelling or shouting, they are obviously in the wrong house and although I'll most probably be dead a few seconds later, at least my wife will be filthy rich and can afford to move into a house not full of bullet holes and blood.

AD

BuckJM53

nra
If anybody breaks down the front door at 3am, they will receive the contents of the full magazine from its "dispenser" immediately on acquisition.

I don't care what they're yelling or shouting, they are obviously in the wrong house and although I'll most probably be dead a few seconds later, at least my wife will be filthy rich and can afford to move into a house not full of bullet holes and blood.

AD
AD ... The thing that surprised me the most in this story was that this man was not killed or injured by returned fire after he shot the deputy. Had they proceeded to take him down, my guess is the the headline of the story would have read very differently ... something like "Cop killer shot and killed in an early morning drug raid".

AD ... The thing that surprised me the most in this story was that this man was not killed or injured by returned fire after he shot the deputy. Had they proceeded to take him down, my guess is the the headline of the story would have read very differently ... something like "Cop killer shot and killed in an early morning drug raid".
This surprised me as well, must have been that sudden shock of someone actually fighting back that just threw them off their game. They just didn't know how to respond to what they thought was going to be a easy peezy no knock arrest for possession. Surprise.