NFA Quick Links.

Discussion in 'Class III (NFA)' started by rjrivero, December 1, 2012.

1. rjrivero

rjrivero

I thought it may be helpful if we had a "resources" thread for NFA type stuff.

Here is the 5320.8 NFA Handbook.

Here is the 5320.1 "Form 1".
    Here is the 5320.4 "Form 4".
    Here is the 5330.20 "Certificate of Compliance."

The definitions of NFA Firearms are available in NFA 5320.8 as well as the definitions of "Permanently attached Muzzle Device" and other need to know definitions.

The forms are for you if you decide you want to buy an NFA firearm, or maybe make an NFA Firearm. As always, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you out.

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

I can't vouch for this site personally, although I have read good things about them. Instead of going the regular route of filing the paperwork and personal background checks, I've heard that TRUSTS are a good way to acquire NFA items. This site helps you set up a trust for your NFA items. It looks like they're currently having a sale. Normally $349, now $199.

Has anyone used a trust? Is it really as simple as they portray it?

4. rjrivero

rjrivero

If you're going to do a trust, do it soon. Mr. Obama penned an EO asking the ATF to require fingerprints and background checks for trusts and LLC's. Notice 41P is the ATF's first step in doing this. It requires a public opinion period, which ended last month. They now must respond to each of the comments. Then make their decision about the proposed rule change. (Same as they did for non-sporting shotgun importation.)

So, they got 9500 responses. 1,000 of them are thrown out for vulgar language. They have to respond to 8500 letters. You probably have a year to get your paperwork in before they start to require Fingerprints, Photos and Chief Law Enforcement sign off for these items.

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

If you're interested in an inexpensive trust option:http://www.gearhog.com is running the 199trust.com special for only $69

The bottom is about to fall out of that market, and they're having a fire sale.