New StarBM Bocote Grips Done

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MikeH121, March 17, 2015.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Finished, (well mostly) the new grips made of Bocote for the Star BM. They are thick. Half again as the originals. But I haven't decided if I am gonna thin them or add some finger grooves first.

They are not laquered but merely buffed out with a dremel buffing wheel.

Shaped and installed left side, right cut and ready to shape.

star1.JPG

As I said they are thick for the moment.

star2.JPG

Shaped and buffed right side.

star3.JPG

Thick did I say that already?

star4.JPG

I think the Bocote goes well with the Blued metal. Now will maybe reblue the Star.

star5.JPG

Attached Files:

2. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Do the feel good or does the handling seem wrong. They look really nice go shoot then tune them to your liking. Once the wood is gone there's no going back.:thumbs:

Last edited: March 17, 2015
  3. reaper66

reaper66

They look kinda thick. Hahahahaha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

I can always make another set. As I said they feel okay to me. I have average sized hands. If I finger groove them I need to keep them thick as I get the grooves set. Then thin them out tapered into the grooves. I will most likely thin them just maybe a little thicker than the originals.

I also disabled (removed) the mag safety. It is a bar of spring steel just popped out. No modifying. Just in the box with the grips. I also have different woods so may do another set in something else.

I cannot leave well enough alone. :lol:

5. diesel

diesel

They look great, Mike. Keep up the good work, my friend.:thumbs: