• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

New sr22: If you have one, what are your thoughts?

Just picked up a new Ruger SR22 for the little lady yesterday. I have an H&R 9 shot .22 LR revolver for something easy to shoot and easy to operate. I thought the semi-auto would have a little less kick. I've never fired either one (yet), so I don't even know if there'll be a big difference from revolver-vs.-pistol kick. She has some physical issues that require special needs when it comes to handgun operation. Have high velocity hollow points for it. :p

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Just picked up a brand-new S&W .22A. Holds 11 rds and looks alot like the baretta. It has no kick what-so-ever and it shoots very well. Nice gun for under $300.

Since you already have the SR22 pistol, you save me the time of recommending it. :bow: I find it more fun to shoot than my Beretta Neos or my sons S&W 22-A. It's lighter and the grip is very comfortable. Regarding ammo. We shoot nothing but Federal bulk that we buy at Wally World for $20 a box.I guess the high velocity is OK, but why spend the extra money just for fun shooting? I know she will enjoy it, and so will you, if you can get it away from her. The "seer" in me sees you loading magazines to keep her going. :)

Since you already have the SR22 pistol, you save me the time of recommending it. :bow: I find it more fun to shoot than my Beretta Neos or my sons S&W 22-A. It's lighter and the grip is very comfortable. Regarding ammo. We shoot nothing but Federal bulk that we buy at Wally World for $20 a box.I guess the high velocity is OK, but why spend the extra money just for fun shooting? I know she will enjoy it, and so will you, if you can get it away from her. The "seer" in me sees you loading magazines to keep her going. :)
Thanks, I feel better about buying it now. You're right, I think I'll be the loader as well. According to the store, it was $70 off list...I paid about $330.

I think we found Vance Sptg Goods in Columbus had them on sale for $299 + at the time, (May 2012) and a local guns store matched the price. Just lucky. Has she had a chance to fire it yet? Which grip did she prefer? Just being nosy. Re: the hollow points, are they for personal protection ?

I think we found Vance Sptg Goods in Columbus had them on sale for $299 + at the time, (May 2012) and a local guns store matched the price. Just lucky. Has she had a chance to fire it yet? Which grip did she prefer? Just being nosy. Re: the hollow points, are they for personal protection ?
This place is Woodbury's in Coshocton. She's in NY (upstate) visiting family, so she hasn't even seen it yet. I asked what box quantities do the 22LR's come in (and I didn't want lead only). He named off the different quantities and I said the 525 count would be fine. I didn't realize they were hollows until a day after getting home. I just wanted something she could handle if she was home alone.