New sr22: If you have one, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by NOT Rambo, July 18, 2012.

1. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

Just picked up a new Ruger SR22 for the little lady yesterday. I have an H&R 9 shot .22 LR revolver for something easy to shoot and easy to operate. I thought the semi-auto would have a little less kick. I've never fired either one (yet), so I don't even know if there'll be a big difference from revolver-vs.-pistol kick. She has some physical issues that require special needs when it comes to handgun operation. Have high velocity hollow points for it. :p

2. Pics or it didn't happen. :)

3. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

I know, right? My new truck is supposed to be in by the weekend, and the other forum is wanting pics too. When I pick up the soon-to-be next week from her upstate NY visiting, the camera will be back.

4. diesel

diesel

Just picked up a brand-new S&W .22A. Holds 11 rds and looks alot like the baretta. It has no kick what-so-ever and it shoots very well. Nice gun for under $300.

5. Since you already have the SR22 pistol, you save me the time of recommending it. :bow: I find it more fun to shoot than my Beretta Neos or my sons S&W 22-A. It's lighter and the grip is very comfortable. Regarding ammo. We shoot nothing but Federal bulk that we buy at Wally World for $20 a box.I guess the high velocity is OK, but why spend the extra money just for fun shooting? I know she will enjoy it, and so will you, if you can get it away from her. The "seer" in me sees you loading magazines to keep her going. :)

6. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

Thanks, I feel better about buying it now. You're right, I think I'll be the loader as well. According to the store, it was $70 off list...I paid about $330.

7. I think we found Vance Sptg Goods in Columbus had them on sale for $299 + at the time, (May 2012) and a local guns store matched the price. Just lucky. Has she had a chance to fire it yet? Which grip did she prefer? Just being nosy. Re: the hollow points, are they for personal protection ?

8. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

This place is Woodbury's in Coshocton. She's in NY (upstate) visiting family, so she hasn't even seen it yet. I asked what box quantities do the 22LR's come in (and I didn't want lead only). He named off the different quantities and I said the 525 count would be fine. I didn't realize they were hollows until a day after getting home. I just wanted something she could handle if she was home alone.