• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

New CZ 455 Rifle

I had been thinking about adding a CZ .22 rifle to the collection for some time but just never found a deal on one until a few days ago when a friend of mine asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in his low mileage 455 (2016 model with less than 500 rounds). I asked what he wanted and when he quoted a price that was 65% of new ones I've seen (and even better without tax and/or FFL fee), I said SOLD .

After a complete clean and lube I took it to the range this morning for its maiden voyage. The following is the initial target (10 rounds of M-22 @ 15 yards, standing with no support). Eight rounds grouped @ .58" with the full ten round group coming in @ .89". While 15 yards is certainly "up close", I'm not disappointed with its performance and excited to add a scope and see what it can do from a reasonable distance off the bench.

The CZs' always get good reviews for quality and accuracy. Eventually I'll get a 455(standard or varmint) or maybe a 512 SA.

Don't know anything about CZ's but, it's a damn good looking rifle. Nice buy, Buck.:flag:
Thanks diesel. I've had such great experience with my CZ pistols over the years, I figured I could not go wrong with a CZ rifle. So far I like it a lot.

That's a 'European' style stock,I eventually want to get one with the 'American' style stock.
I personally like the look of the European stocks, and for me they are a bit more comfortable to shoot.

Last edited:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I'll assume they make that style in multiple calibers??
I got a hankering for a .17. That would make a damn pretty one.

What are it's prices like?:flag:

I'll assume they make that style in multiple calibers??
I got a hankering for a .17. That would make a damn pretty one.

What are it's prices like?:flag:
Diesel ... There are a dozen 455 variants that are available in .22lr with several available in .17 WMR and/or .22HMR. The prices range from $375 to about $575.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Diesel ... There are a dozen 455 variants that are available in .22lr with several available in .17 WMR and/or .22HMR. The prices range from $375 to about $575.
Looked around yesterday and everyone has them. Surprisingly, Sportsmans Guide had one of the lowest prices at $356 and change. That was for the .17 HMR, I believe.:flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Sounds like a pretty good price. Are you the proud new owner?
Not yet, Buck. September 9th-11th is the Coon Hunters Rendezvous in Canfield, Oh.
I'll be setting up on my buddy's table to sell some knives (among other things) and if that goes well, i'll buy the 455.

it's been a while since I was on the Ohio Gun Owners' Forum - medical issues. had a stroke in FL in 2015 - slowed me down for a minute.

I wes responding to your new 455 CZ. Yes, it is a great rifle. I've got a CZ 452 .22LR American in left-hand last year, and couldn't be more please about its performance. They switched to the 455 format but are still making the lefty version using the 452 model number.

I'm giving my little Ruger .22s to my nephews, and will be satisfied with this one. Some pics I took at the range.

When I first got it, I put my Nikon P223 3X9 scope on it but switched to a Vortex 18X when the SS check came.

Attachments

Last edited: