New ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Minimal Brat, November 8, 2012.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

So, I order 3 boxes of 124 Grain short barrel Speer gold dot ammo Friday from Midway. It arrives Tuesday this is great. I open this huge box and find a box of the ammo all over the large box. The one of the boxes had come open and it is everywhere. This big box for three little boxes of ammo with some of that blow up packing. How about some pop corn or something that would have kept the boxes of ammo secure. Can you tell the ammo was banged all over the place while shipping, you sure can.

2. diesel

diesel

I really like the short barrel ammo, Brat.:thumbs:
    Call Midway and pitch a bitch :cry: ....maybe you'll get your next box free? :flag:

Last edited: November 8, 2012
  3. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I am going to contact them today. I am not happy about this. Since my barrels are under 4 inches I use the short barrel ammo. Not sure it is real necessary but from all the ballistic test I have seen it does make a difference.

4. diesel

diesel

Ya they do. They open up much faster causing more critical damage at shorter ranges than conventional ammo. Notice the super big hollow and the deep perferations around it. Nasty round.:flag:

5. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

lol, since I knew nothing about ammo I read and read. I watched videos on you tube, and I read some more. That nice deep cavity sure looks like a nasty round. I have these for my .38 and my 9's

6. diesel

diesel

Keep on reading and watching, thats the best way to learn anything. :flag:
    Of course it hasn't done much good for me.....:rofl:

7. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Ok, let me give you just a small piece of advice. When you open the book you can't just lay it across your face and take a nap. You have to read it lol.