• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Need some help getting legal guns returned.....

An ex-worker called me last night....a friend of his brother committed suicide.

In the Cleveland area, following the suicide law-enforcement confiscated 11 firearms not related the to the suicide and are refusing to release them to the widow.
When asked under what laws this was being done, the would not answer other than "you need to get a lawyer". How can this be?

The lady is in a time of need and simply wants to wrap up the mess and move back to her home state now that she has no reason to be in OH.

Can you supply me with some information and/or resources which I can pass on to help in this mess? All assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

I am new to this side of the nation, having just moved from WA to KY for employment reasons.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I am so sorry about all of this. Only thing I can think of is that they are holding them pending investigation of the death or for other reason unknown to us. This honestly is not a lot of information to go by right now not knowing the reasons why.

Again I am so sorry for the loss. I do wish her the very best in her time of mourning and hope she can get some closure on this.

Please check back as there may be some more information here tomorrow or slightly later.

rjrivero

nra
nra instructor
You need a lawyer. Cleveland SUCKS. They don't respect property owners, nor gun rights. You're in for a headache if you want to get these guns back.

Altough the guns were not confiscated during a stop, perhaps this might still apply:

(B) If the law enforcement officer does not return the firearm to the person at the termination of the stop or otherwise promptly return the firearm to the person after the seizure of the firearm, if a court finds that a law enforcement officer failed to return the firearm to the person after the person has demanded the return of the firearm from the officer, and if the court orders a law enforcement officer to return the firearm to the person, in addition to any other relief ordered, the court also shall award reasonable costs and attorney’s fees to the person who sought the order to return the firearm.
Lawriter - ORC - 2923.163 Surrender of firearm to law enforcement officer.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
If you or your friend is an NRA member, i would contact them. I'm sure they would be happy to give you pertinent information and if a member, perhaps free legal advice.:flag: