Need an opinion on this...

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by whitewolf68, December 27, 2012.

1. Last edited: December 27, 2012
  2. rjrivero

rjrivero

No real difference. Get the one that comes in first.

3. The Yankee Hill is supposed to be in on the 9th of January. Do you think they are quality receivers for the money?

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

All I have read says yep. The big thing on Daniels is they make smaller numbers, like the barrels they say are 50,000 rds rated from DD. Don't see meself shooting that much. So a Stag barrel at 30,000 should last just fine.

AR stoner is the one I heard complaints about.

Hopefully the BCG's get back in stock quick after the first of the year.

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

I have only seen a receiver "fail" if the barrel muzzle device that is pinned and welded is twisted too hard in an attempt to remove it. The index pin in the barrel splits the receiver threads. Once I saw a receiver fail with a barrel nut that was torqed on a bit to virgorously. An upper receiver is an upper receiver. There is really not much to differentiate one from another.

6. Last edited: December 29, 2012
  7. MikeH121

MikeH121

Looks like AO supplies AR parts for a few makers :

AO Precision supplies many of the most respected of the AR-15 rifle producers. These include Alexander Arms, Bulldog Barrels, Del-Ton, DSA, Krieger Barrels, Lothar Walther, LaRue Tactical, LWRC, Noveske, O.F. Mossberg, Primary Weapons Systems, Rock River Arms, SIG Sauer, E.R. Shaw Barrels, Smith & Wesson, Spike’s Tactical, Wilson Arms and Wilson Combat. Our critical parts – bolts, carriers, barrel extensions and receivers.

May have to go there also. At MidWayUSA they are also gonna start carrying barrels from Bergara Barrels, went to their site and they are all out.

MidWayUSA is trying to keep up. CTD is DEAD to ME, as is DICK'S. CTD had 30 rd Colt AR stell mags, used for 99 dollars this morning.

Boycott CTD and Dicks they are in it Just for the money, MidWay seems to also care about customers and 2A.
    They can make a profit, but still provide, I don't care if CTD has buy one barrel get 1 free. I will not visit their site again. Last count they lost 25,000 customers and growning.

8. Yeah I was impressed by Midway USA as well. CTD pretty much killed themselves off with their price gouging and cow towing to the liberal media after the recent shooting. I too have sworn off CTD and Dicks because of there stance and business tactics.

Anyhow, I will end soap box mode. I was surprised when I saw that BCG for $115 at Midway as well. They will not allow an order to go through yet but when they do I am gonna jump all over it. That's the best price I have seen for a complete BCG. They are supposed to be in stock on the 31st of January I hope.

I am now hunting down a upper kit (forward assist and dust cover), to go with my YHM upper. Have yet to find a decent price on those parts but the search continues. :D

In closing, I hope that CTD rots in hell for their mis-dealings along with Dicks. I know I spent a lot of money over the years at both places but never again. Midway USA all the way. :D :flag:

9. MikeH121

MikeH121

Last edited: December 29, 2012
  10. WOW! Dicks really shot their selves in the ass this time. I did not realize they had cancelled orders for the Troy Carbine they had on black friday special. Truly a shame as that was not only a big loss for the customer it was also a large loss for Troy as well. Very shady shit it was. :cuss:

P.S. Just ordered my forward assist and dust cover from Midway, also on backorder till the 13th.