NCIS Background check avoiding a trip?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by mike85, November 16, 2012.

1. mike85

mike85

Hi guys was wondering is there anyway I can check if can buy a gun online,or can I call a shop on the phone and maybe pay with my card for the check.The reason I am concerned because I recive disability for anxiety depresson ,ocd,and ptsd and many years ago I went to a mental hospital for a day and a half but I i went under my own will and was cleared to go a day later.I live in Cleveland ohio I have been searching the net for answers to my question but there is no definitive answer

thanks

2. Taken right from the BATF Form 4473 used when buying a gun.

I think you're OK if you're worried about the mental institution thing.

Download the full Form 4473 and read through it and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

AD

[​IMG]

3. mike85

mike85

Thanks for the help Adulay,but I downloaded the form and before I can read it,it says fill out seller information they want ffl numbers and everything how do I get pass this?

4. You don't. That's the SELLER's portion.

When you go in to buy your gun, you fill out YOUR stuff and they fill out their stuff. You don't have an FFL number.

AD

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

I don't know what link you're using, but the 4473 can be seen in PDF format from the ATF Website: http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf