• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

native american help

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I think, i may have stumbled upon a native american artifact. If anyone knows what this is, please help me out. Maybe its just a neat group of rocks someone put together, but i don't think so unless that someone was an ancient native american.
Notice how the round stones fit remarkably into the depressions on both sides of the base stone. One can tell one side from the other by the green moss type stuff around the n.w. corner of the base stone. The other side has no green moss, i found it that way with the mossy side facing up. Unfortunately, i scuffed the main stone by laying it on my concrete driveway to hose it off. I didn't know what i had at the time.
I think it is, perhaps, some type of grain grinder or food smasher of some type, or maybe just some remarkable stones someone put together.
Please, all of you, give me your opinions as i am very excited about this deep woods find!
AD, your especially smart....whats your opinion? (no disrespect to the rest of you, but AD knows a little about a lot)
Dogshawred, your opinion would be valued.

:shocker::flag:
View attachment 552 View attachment 553 View attachment 554 View attachment 555 View attachment 556 View attachment 557 View attachment 558

Also, notice how the outside edges of the base stone seems to have been flaked away.
:flag::flag:

UPDATE
After a little research of my own, I believe what this is is refered to as a "nut stone" used for, what else, cracking nuts.

Last edited:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
AD, your especially smart....whats your opinion?
Diesel,

I think that was a "kind" way of saying I'm an old fart and probably used this item in an earlier time, but I'll take the compliment anyway.

From a casual look, you may well be right in calling it a "nut stone".

That type of specimen is found all over, east of the Mississippi and evidently there are collectors in these kinds of things.

Nice find.

AD

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
:peace:Thanks, AD. Lol...your probably my age.
I truly do appreciate your opinion. I've been reading your posts for quite some time now and your usually right on most topics. No flattery intended, just the truth.:clap:

Ya, after a little web hunt, that was the closest I could find(nut stone)but I know little to nothing about the subject. I'll argue til im blue in the face about something I think I know but im the first to call for help on something I know little about. Ones never to old to learn.

There it was in a little corner near my garage that I dug up to plant basil. I set it aside and forgot about it til I pulled the dead plants and "rediscovered" it. Quite interesting me thinks.
Nice to know its the "real" thing.

Thanks again.:flag:

[not really a deep woods find but don't tell no one. just try'n to garner interest to find out if its truly the real thing...ssshhhhh!!]:flag:

Last edited: