WANT TO BUY Mosin Nagant but too poor

Discussion in 'Long Guns - Rifles & Shotguns' started by Noel, October 12, 2012.

1. Noel

Noel

Poor me and my poorness.

2. diesel

diesel

Try the gun shows, Noel. I've seen many of them there and they seem to me to be quite inexpensive.:flag:

3. Noel

Noel

All the 99 dollar ones are like dried up. They went up to 130 bucks. fff..

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

Just stopped into Arms and Ammunition ...west side of Cincy they had a Mosin M38 the Carbine. Hard to find most are the M44's. They wanted 249.00 for it though. So I picked up some Nagant Pistol ammo and a side scope mount instead.

They also did have a Nagant Pistol for 125.00

You can get them all cheaper at a gun show or Aim Surplus sent to your door with a C&R license....30 bucks some ATF paperwork and it's good for 3 years but will save you cash on the relics list currently it is anything 1962 or older including pistols. No FFL transfer fees sent right to your front door.

5. Noel

Noel

Yeah, I might look into one of those CnR licenses, since I seem to purchase mostly older firearms..

6. Noel

Noel

Well, I looked at the ATF site, and that is confusing as all hell. Good game government.

7. Noel

Noel

What are the record keeping requirements for this type of license? Do you have to keep records like an FFL does?

8. That I am not sure of. RJ is better suited probably for that answer.

9. rjrivero

rjrivero

I believe you do have to keep a blue book for your acquisitions with a C&R license. The benefit of the C&R is that you can use it to grow your own collection. A regular FFL is for business only.

10. Noel

Noel

Still slightly confused about this CnR form. So does everyone living in the apartment with me need to be on the form and fill out a certification of compliance sheet?