• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Middlefield police still wondering what caused gunman to target officers in March

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Middlefield police still wondering what caused gunman to target officers in March shooting (video, slideshow)

MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio — Middlefield Police Chief Arnold Stanko said his small village was the last place he expected to become a beachfront in what he called "a war against law enforcement."

But on March 10, he said, the war came to Middlefield, a place where cars share the streets with Amish men and women in horse-drawn buggies.
James Gilkerson, 42, of Mentor-on-the-Lake, was pulled over for running a stop sign. He got out of his car wielding a semi-automatic AK-47 and fired 37 shots at Middlefield police officers Brandon Savage and Erin Thomas. The officers returned fire, shooting 54 rounds at Gilkerson, fatally wounding the man as he shouted, "Kill me."

"He was a scumbag, and a terrorist, and he's dead," Stanko said at a news conference on Friday.

Watch the video on the link below and you'll see the officer to the left of the camera empty his weapon into the suspect after he is already down. I found that a little scary. Perhaps I missed something but I found that to be the most shocking.
Middlefield police still wondering what caused gunman to target officers in March shooting (video, slideshow) | cleveland.com

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
How the hell did he miss at that range? What happened with the female that was hit?
Rather chilling, I must say. At least they killed his dumb-ass......served him right. :flag:

If the driver wasn't left handed he was shooting from his weak side under stress, no doubt creating a problem for his accuracy. Haven't heard anything more about this since the first report, but I did find a report that noted the female was shot in the hand and underwent emergency surgery, both are expected to make a full recovery.
Suspect killed after shooting two Middlefield police officers identified

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I meant the perp. Hard to believe he missed the officers at that range with all the lead he sent flying. Thank god he did not hit the officers critically. Of course no one ever said that criminals are good shots.:flag:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
I meant the perp. Hard to believe he missed the officers at that range with all the lead he sent flying. Thank god he did not hit the officers critically. Of course no one ever said that criminals are good shots.:flag:
One of the reasons most "bad guys" don't shoot well is that they believe in the theory of "spray and pray" and all of that other crap from the movies.

One of the advantages of being a "defensive" shooter is that with practice and some pressure, you can actually hit stuff "on demand".

A bad guy, being heavily armed but never having shot anything "for real" means that the good guys usually have an advantage in a fight like this. It's not much, but every bit helps and 3 good shots trump 30 sprayed shots pretty much every day of the week.

Get some trigger time "under some pressure" and you'll be in a much better position to handle the fight.

AD

Last edited: