• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Medina and Akron Shows

Barndad

Anyone heading out to either of these two shows? Medina this weekend and Akron next weekend, both at their respective county Fairgrounds. I will be at Medina on Sunday the 13th and probably on Saturday the 19th at Akron.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Been a while since I've gone to the Medina show, apparently I've stopped going to it for no particular reason. Say hi to Joyce at Kendall Ordnance ( big vareity of brass) for me, Denny-Cedar Point, she'll know who. I won't see her until the next Berea show, they don't do Akron. Planning on the Akron show.

Barndad

I will do that! Bought some brass from her at Berea in August. Got in the door early, as it was the initial phase of my reloading component hunt. They were in the first building and she also had some 900 extra Remington SP primers that I gladly purchased from her.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
I went to that Berea show both days. Sometimes I watch/attend tables, for those that know me, so they can take a break, hit the bathroom, or get food.

Barndad

If I had the assurance that there won't be a lay-off over the next few months where I currently am, I would have bought a S&W 686. My son was also there looking for a revolver, but there weren't any in his price range. Only a few "new in box" dealers, the least number that I have seen at any of the shows. Other that the high end collectors hand guns, not much to choose from. Lots of long guns, but I am not in the market for those at the moment so did not pay a whole lot of attention to those tables. We were there early today, wasn't too crowded, but the crowd was definitely more packed by the time we left. More ammo than what I thought would be there.

Barndad

Not yet! Does a wannabe count?

I believe that it was a 686-2 (4-inch), but I I couldn't bring myself to to handle it or ask too many questions, the temptation was that strong. Got laughed at for drooling, though...... I keep her entertained.

Last edited:

Barndad

The problem is, of course, that this would be too gorgeous of a firearm to shoot often. That would necessitate the acquisition of ANOTHER 357 to shoot on a regular basis.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
The 686s' (and 586s') were built to shoot often, built stronger and slightly bigger than the K-frame Model 19s' and slightly smaller but just as strong as the N-frame Model 27s'.
My 586 no dash Nickeled 4 inch.

Attachments

Barndad

This wannabe is drooling again after seeing that pic of your 586. I'm gonna get mistaken for Joe Biden if this drooling continues......

oldman10mm

vip
Army
When I do a 2 day show but only plan for 1 of the days, I do the Sunday. Sunday early afternoon I find the 'deals' are better as 'table rental' has to be paid for and they are more willing to negotiate the price of an item. I'm never of the 'mindset' that I have to be one of the first in the door on Saturday to get something before somebody else gets it.

Barndad

Agreed on looking toward the end of the show for negotiating leverage. The only time we got there as the doors opened was when the reloading component hunt was in it's initial stages. i figured that it would be best to get there early before inventory was sold out. Glad I did that time.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at 'some' show, members here have been disappearing/not posting. We used to have get-togethers, met one down in Columbus at a show, went shooting with another at an indoor gun store range in Elyria.
What else do you reload ? I reload 9mm, 38sp, 357M, 40S&W, 10mm, 41M, 44sp, 44M, 223, 30-06. In the past 17Rem,35Rem.

Barndad

9, 40, 45 & 223 right now. As soon as components come in, I'll add 357 Sig to that mix. Hoping to add a 10mm & 357Mag/38sp to the mix over the next year and possibly 308. Not certain which order I'll be adding to the collection first, depending on availability. I look forward to meeting you when that happens, hopefully soon.

Last edited:

oldman10mm

vip
Army
10mm, pistol/revolver ? I've got both, S&W 1006 and pre-lock 610. I've got components for 308, but no gun, had Savage and AR10 in 308, never shot them, sold them. Looking/watching for a Remington 740/7400 series in 308, but in the rarer 18" carbine to replace the AR10. Also watching for a Beretta Cougar 8357 (357Sig), very low manufactured quantity.

Barndad

I'd prefer a 1911 style 10mm, looking into the new Ronin from Springfield. It's at a very attractive price point for me right now. I don't want to spend too much on one additional gun right now as I have too many on my wish list.

Is there a difference in how the same round shoots differently in a semi-auto vs a revolver? There seem to be a growing number of revolvers chambered for 'traditional' semi-auto calibers, which is interesting.

The Cougar is a good looking firearm and on a lot of collector's lists. I hope you do find one soon and have a chance to put a few down range with it. I love the 357 Sig, it's a snappy lil round to shoot.