Mauser eye candy

Discussion in 'Rimfire, Pellet and Mouse Fart Guns' started by forrest r, October 24, 2011.

1. forrest r

forrest r

Figured I post my Mauser 22’s, these are excellent, extremely well made & highly accurate rifles. This is a ES340b single shot Mauser made in the late 1930’s. The sights are similar to the CZ trainers &the front sights are interchangeable. I have 3 different height front sights for the Mauser. The Mauser has an match bbl, adjustable 2 stage match trigger, adjustable rear sights & a walnut stock, just a beautiful rifle.
    mauser.jpg

This is my latest acquisition, a MAS45. MAS contracted Mauser right after the war (1945) to make training rifles for the army. Mauser put together one heck of a rifle for MAS, using many of the same parts that they used on their legendary 22 sporting rifles (ES340 series & 410 series). The MAS45 has a match bbl, adjustable 2 stage match trigger, adjustable rear sight & a birch stock. I have 2 different front sights for the MAS also.
    mas45.jpg

The MAs is new, still in Cosmoline, the parkerized finish is a dull grey color..
    masclean.jpg

The different height front sights are for the different speeds on the 22 ammo, match 1080fps, standard velocity 1135fps & high velocity 1220fps. The speeds of the ammo’s are approximate & by using the right front sight height the ladder rear sight will be on target @50 meters.

On a side note, the CZ trainer ladder rear sight is made for SV (standard velocity 1135fps) ammo.

2. Jeff H

Jeff H

Ohio
    Oh, man, those are beautiful! I bet it feels great working the bolt on those. It's great o see that kind of craftsmanship and REAL sights!

I thought the CZ was THE thing, but these are cool. Not a good thing for me to see that such things were made. They just had some old Brnos available and I let my CRFFL expire this last time. Probably a good thing for the checking account.

Those are great photos. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Last edited: October 28, 2011
  3. forrest r

forrest r

CZ’s are the thing, the 452 is a great design with a lot of the same traits that the Mausers have/use. Their sight placement is identical, mags are similar, same winged safety, and the front sight/sight hoods can be interchanged.

With a little work on some of the key areas of the rifle, the CZ can & will hold its own against almost anything you can throw at it.