• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Mauser eye candy

Figured I post my Mauser 22’s, these are excellent, extremely well made & highly accurate rifles. This is a ES340b single shot Mauser made in the late 1930’s. The sights are similar to the CZ trainers &the front sights are interchangeable. I have 3 different height front sights for the Mauser. The Mauser has an match bbl, adjustable 2 stage match trigger, adjustable rear sights & a walnut stock, just a beautiful rifle.
mauser.jpg

This is my latest acquisition, a MAS45. MAS contracted Mauser right after the war (1945) to make training rifles for the army. Mauser put together one heck of a rifle for MAS, using many of the same parts that they used on their legendary 22 sporting rifles (ES340 series & 410 series). The MAS45 has a match bbl, adjustable 2 stage match trigger, adjustable rear sight & a birch stock. I have 2 different front sights for the MAS also.
mas45.jpg

The MAs is new, still in Cosmoline, the parkerized finish is a dull grey color..
masclean.jpg

The different height front sights are for the different speeds on the 22 ammo, match 1080fps, standard velocity 1135fps & high velocity 1220fps. The speeds of the ammo’s are approximate & by using the right front sight height the ladder rear sight will be on target @50 meters.

On a side note, the CZ trainer ladder rear sight is made for SV (standard velocity 1135fps) ammo.

Oh, man, those are beautiful! I bet it feels great working the bolt on those. It's great o see that kind of craftsmanship and REAL sights!

I thought the CZ was THE thing, but these are cool. Not a good thing for me to see that such things were made. They just had some old Brnos available and I let my CRFFL expire this last time. Probably a good thing for the checking account.

Those are great photos. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Last edited:
CZ’s are the thing, the 452 is a great design with a lot of the same traits that the Mausers have/use. Their sight placement is identical, mags are similar, same winged safety, and the front sight/sight hoods can be interchanged.

With a little work on some of the key areas of the rifle, the CZ can & will hold its own against almost anything you can throw at it.