MagPul is dead to me

Discussion in 'The 2nd Amendment' started by MikeH121, February 28, 2013.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

MagPul has decided against us. Not only are they not going the way of Barret, they are doubling down to give LEO's a fast track to order. I will now stay with Troy battle mags and Pro-mags. They can stay in Colorado and eat it no more products. It is either stand with us or against us, the 2A is More important.

_____________________________________________________________________________

By John Boch

While nearly 100 companies have pledged to hold all purchasers of firearms and accessories to the standard of what’s available to everyday civilians, in what’s commonly known as the New York boycott, Armalite and now Magpul have taken an opposing stand. (See also The Police Loophole.) The good folks at Magpul have instead sided with Armalite against freedom and law-abiding American firearm owners – and what’s more, they’ve one-upped Armalite in their sales practices . . .

According to Magpul sales manager (in a post at AR15.com) Justin Beard:

. . . our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, “We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause.â€

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

Yes, indeed. The last thing they want to do is hurt those who support “our†cause. Apparently, to Magpul, that means supporting those who will enforce unconstitutional restrictions on our Second Amendment rights.

As we said, Magpul has one-upped Armalite and, to add insult to injury, not only are they selling products to law-enforcement that are banned to civilians in those states, they have established an express lane for law enforcement “professionals†to get their standard-capacity PMAGs right away — even law enforcement officers in restricted access states such as New York that now ban sales of standard capacity magazines to civilians.

These law enforcement professionals will use these PMAGs in the course of their job-related activities to arrest and prosecute gun owners who were law-abiding at the end of 2012, but are no longer. Both military and law-enforcement can order up to ten PMAGs in this “express laneâ€.

From the Magpul website as reported by FN Forums:

Thank you for contacting us. During this period of high demand, we at Magpul are taking steps to ensure that Military and Law Enforcement professionals that use our products in their job-related activities can still obtain the magazines they need for on-duty use. To meet this need, we have set up a process for Mil/LE purchase of up to ten PMAGs per account from our website.

In order to participate in this program, go to: Magpul Industries Ecommerce.

- Create your login account and click the “Register†button to submit.

- Once you receive a Membership Confirmation e-mail from [email protected] reply directly back to it (RE: ) along with your name and unit or agency affiliation. Please respond using an official .mil or agency e-mail address, or provide other official identification to verify Military or LE status.

- If you already have a login account at Magpul.com, please just send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name, unit or agency affiliation as outlined above, and the e-mail address you used to sign up for the account.

It’s clear that Magpul believes in two classes of purchasers for their products. We sincerely wish them the best in selling to police and government agencies, wherever they may be.

2. diesel

diesel

How disappointing. We back these guys to the hilt as we purchase their product and usually brag that magpul is the best. Now they throw a majority client off to take care of big brother. I predict they will be out of business in a year and a half. And of that, I am glad.:no: :flag:

3. rjrivero

rjrivero

Magpul has decided that providing for men and women in uniform is important. They have decided that they will not support anti 2nd Amendment efforts by MOVING THEIR PRODUCTION out of Colorado if they ratify their magazine ban. They don't have to do that, but they are because they DO understand that the 2nd Amendment is an important issue.

They DO NOT belive that it is more important than providing LEO's the tools they need to train and do their job. I'm sympathetic but I don't know that making it illegal to sell magazines and accessories to cops is really helpful at all.

Magpul has decided to go after lawmakers instead of law enforcers. I can't fault their stand. It fits what they believe. Not everyone is going to believe that the beat cop is a "bad guy."

I have not decided yet how I will spend my duckets. But I will consider this carefully.

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

Troy Battle mags or Promags....

Funny with Magpul.... Wilson Combat joined the no sales to LEO

as has Big Sky ammunition,

GunUp has, they will limit sales of what law abiding citizens may also buy.

MagPul has made its decision, they are 1 million mag backordered, and yet they are gonna place LEO's on the front of their lists......

I will not throw out the ones I have but they get no more money from me. I can get other furniture and mags.

5. Just got this on my Facebook news feed:

Magpul Industries Corp.
    [h=5]REGARDING LEO SALES[/h]March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO - Founder
    Magpul Industries

6. MikeH121

MikeH121

Mea culpa.....too late for me Wolf... Fitz has gotten a lot of flack just like CTD.....we the 2A pro people stood up for them when CO wanted to crash their party. They lost my support.

If a company has a wait and see attitude, see what is banned, and where, and the details before acting on it that is fine with me. But the initial announcment from MP was even with 1 million mags BO they would still take orders from LEO's.

CTD gave 100,000 dollars to 2A yet they did not do so until they lost business. I can undertand business decisions, the bottom line, a company must make money but you lose customers when you tell them to stick it.

It is good they jumped on the wagon, but it had to slow down for them to catch up.

Individual Police should be punished but as a part of the whole of LEO agencies in the areas that allow for the passages.

This is the response WE should get from them...this is KY

Magazine Ban - YouTube

7. I can understand your ire Mike and completely agree with you. I was happy to see Magpul change quicker then CTD did though. I hate to say this in light of it all but I still want a Magpul CTR stock for my build. :( Please don't hate me. :notlooking:

8. MikeH121

MikeH121

The Video was from the Ky Police in Boone County. They are standing with da people.

Did you get the package I sent yet???

There is no mag in there.....

9. Oh my GOD! Yes I did mike I got it Friday, my wife actually had it and never gave it too me. Thank you VERY much.

Yeah I watched the video and the runner was very interesting not to mention that fact that a mag limit does practically nothing to the amount of time to takes to fire 30 rounds. There are so many damn studies out there that prove time and time again that gun limits do NOTHING but help the criminals in general and hurt the law-biding citizens. I know this is nothing new here with our group but it pains me everyday to watch people cry about more gun restrictions being needed when all they have to do is open their F'ing eyes and read a little.

Many, I repeat, many police agencies have proven it but yet they persist. I just cannot wrap my mind around this sheep mentality that people have in regards to scary guns. Hell more people are killed in auto accidents then my guns but yet there are no more restrictive driving laws.

Sorry I got a little heated up there again. My apologies.

P.S. Thank you again for the package it was great!

10. MikeH121

MikeH121

This was not a training video for police, it was Good police answering the question of banning mag cap. If all LEO's were like this or in Clermont CO. Sherriff Rodenberg when CCW passed, was accused of giving them out like candy he said, "The people have passed the requirements, there is no reason for me to delay the permit process."

So like me live in Hamilton CO but can go to next Co over :D Clermont gets flooded with aplicants, from both.

Just to ask did the pen survive the USPS? I thought what better way to write in a gun book then with a gun pen.

11. Yepper the pen survived. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. OGCJason

OGCJason

I saw this video a while back...very cool.

Another FYI about Ohio...

I applied for my permit back in December (we didn't buy our house until end of July, then I had to live there for 45 days after that before switching out drivers licenses, so yeah, it coulda been sooner in my application, but not by much.

Anyway, applied on Dev 17 th because I wanted to get it in before the end of the year. I put down the soft phone number that I had set up for Ohio because I really want to keep my Colorado phone number. ( ;) )

I called the other day to see if it had been completed yet...

Mr. Anderson?

Yes ma'am...

First name Jason?

Yes ma'am...

We called you on the 20th but got a bad number, it's been ready for a while now...

Since the 20th????

Yes sir...

When do I have to stop out, between 8-5?

No sir, any time?

Even weekends?

Yes sir, we're here 24/7...

#dumbfounded

But, also permitted again! :)