• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

magic

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
For me personally, this is a magic time of the year. I still love the first crisp morning. Ok, ok, i realize 50 degrees is not what you'd call crisp but after the heat wave we just went through, nuff said.
For as long as i can remember, nothing excited me more than the beginning of our annual hunting season. For those who know me, you'al realize i'm not a shooter of your calibur(no pun intended) but more of a hunter. When i do get time to shoot i opt for my revolvers.
With this mornings little chill, i decided to get my 10/22 out of the safe to sight in for some some squirrel hunting. To make a long story short, i bench rested it on a concrete block on my picnic table on the back 40, at about 30 yards, and wailed away. As poorly as i shoot, compared to you guys, i'm happy with the results.
The smell of squirrel pot-pie is in my thoughts as i write this.:flag:

IMG_0836.JPG

I realize this is not very good, but close enough to kill a few tree rats!:D

Nice job Diesel I never pick on anyone's skill in shooting. But since I'm feeling better I'm shooting way more per week. That looks like minute of squirrel never ate it but I heard it taste good. Post some pics of your field hunting this year as it would draw my interest. Hit or miss keep us posted.:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Hell Diesel that much better shooting them me. I have yet to go this year at ALL near as I can remember?

Anyhow very nice shooting sir.:)

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Well Dan'l, how about a miss? 0 for 3 yesterday. One encounter and no shot, one clean miss, and one drop that I was un able to find.
Hopefully my next trip will be more fruitful.
1 rat in the freezer and about 7 or 8 to get to that potpie number.:(:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
That's off of a rest, Wolf. I could never do that off hand.:(:flag:
Still better than me even with a rest. I am quite rusty and need to go shooting. Problem is I cannot afford to do so both monetarily or time wise. I have the ammo I just hate to use it because of the price of replacement. I know, I know that's no excuse but it's the only ones I have.

Way to go Diesel your ahead of me. I'll going to try to get out this weekend. I didn't worked last weekend but I work the last three Saturdays and Sundays. And Andy the offer to go to Southern Michigan Sportsman Club still stands.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Thank you Dan. I am going to take you up on that offer IF I can ever get a couple of days off in a row to actually do something. Reason I have to have a couple is to get other things done that I have to do otherwise.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Today i'm going to tote this little .410 I bought yesterday. I know, I know.....damn diesel cheat'n with the little shotty...lol. But, and that's a big butt, (like mine...lmao:rolleyes:) I promised the old timers at our local "Cheers" squirrel pot pie or squirrel in gravy with biscuits. Now I've been out 3 times and have only one scrawny little gray in the freezer. As i'm an honest man, the old boys are bust'n my balls pretty bad for not having enough rats 5 weeks into our season.:eek: Still quite a few leaves for this time of the year, thus the shotty. A lot of opportunistic shots I have passed on cuz I couldn't get their head in the scope via the leaves.
We'll see what happens today......wish me luck as i'm running out of balls! :flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Well sir I do wish you SOME luck BUT no offense intended I wish the critters more and better luck. Sorry just a big animal person is all. I would prefer to hunt people, well some people, as they pose a bigger challenge. It's just those damn pesky laws, human rights and conscience getting in the way all the time. :eek:o_O

ADulay

nra
nra instructor
I have the ammo I just hate to use it because of the price of replacement. I know, I know that's no excuse but it's the only ones I have.
I just got married and have this virgin bride but I just hate to use it because of the price of replacement.

AD (sorry, couldn't resist)