1. diesel

diesel

For me personally, this is a magic time of the year. I still love the first crisp morning. Ok, ok, i realize 50 degrees is not what you'd call crisp but after the heat wave we just went through, nuff said.
    For as long as i can remember, nothing excited me more than the beginning of our annual hunting season. For those who know me, you'al realize i'm not a shooter of your calibur(no pun intended) but more of a hunter. When i do get time to shoot i opt for my revolvers.
    With this mornings little chill, i decided to get my 10/22 out of the safe to sight in for some some squirrel hunting. To make a long story short, i bench rested it on a concrete block on my picnic table on the back 40, at about 30 yards, and wailed away. As poorly as i shoot, compared to you guys, i'm happy with the results.
    The smell of squirrel pot-pie is in my thoughts as i write this.:flag:

IMG_0836.JPG

I realize this is not very good, but close enough to kill a few tree rats!:D

2. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Nice job Diesel I never pick on anyone's skill in shooting. But since I'm feeling better I'm shooting way more per week. That looks like minute of squirrel never ate it but I heard it taste good. Post some pics of your field hunting this year as it would draw my interest. Hit or miss keep us posted.:flag:

3. Hell Diesel that much better shooting them me. I have yet to go this year at ALL near as I can remember?

Anyhow very nice shooting sir.:)

4. diesel

diesel

That's off of a rest, Wolf. I could never do that off hand.:(:flag:

5. diesel

diesel

Well Dan'l, how about a miss? 0 for 3 yesterday. One encounter and no shot, one clean miss, and one drop that I was un able to find.
    Hopefully my next trip will be more fruitful.
    1 rat in the freezer and about 7 or 8 to get to that potpie number.:(:flag:

6. Still better than me even with a rest. I am quite rusty and need to go shooting. Problem is I cannot afford to do so both monetarily or time wise. I have the ammo I just hate to use it because of the price of replacement. I know, I know that's no excuse but it's the only ones I have.

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Way to go Diesel your ahead of me. I'll going to try to get out this weekend. I didn't worked last weekend but I work the last three Saturdays and Sundays. And Andy the offer to go to Southern Michigan Sportsman Club still stands.

8. Thank you Dan. I am going to take you up on that offer IF I can ever get a couple of days off in a row to actually do something. Reason I have to have a couple is to get other things done that I have to do otherwise.

9. diesel

diesel

Today i'm going to tote this little .410 I bought yesterday. I know, I know.....damn diesel cheat'n with the little shotty...lol. But, and that's a big butt, (like mine...lmao:rolleyes:) I promised the old timers at our local "Cheers" squirrel pot pie or squirrel in gravy with biscuits. Now I've been out 3 times and have only one scrawny little gray in the freezer. As i'm an honest man, the old boys are bust'n my balls pretty bad for not having enough rats 5 weeks into our season.:eek: Still quite a few leaves for this time of the year, thus the shotty. A lot of opportunistic shots I have passed on cuz I couldn't get their head in the scope via the leaves.
    We'll see what happens today......wish me luck as i'm running out of balls! :flag:

10. Well sir I do wish you SOME luck BUT no offense intended I wish the critters more and better luck. Sorry just a big animal person is all. I would prefer to hunt people, well some people, as they pose a bigger challenge. It's just those damn pesky laws, human rights and conscience getting in the way all the time. :eek:o_O

11. diesel

diesel

Remind me not to piss you off, Wolf, don't want you hunt'n my fat ass!:eek: :flag:

12. I just got married and have this virgin bride but I just hate to use it because of the price of replacement.

AD (sorry, couldn't resist)

whitewolf68 likes this.
  13. Lmfao. Yeah Yeah yeah you got me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk