• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Love my '03s

I love my '03s, I can't say I have alot of them, well, I guess it depends on who I compare myself to, lol.

I saw some on armswarehouse that look pretty decent.

One I noted said it was a low number rifle, can anyone tell me what this means?

Watch what you buy if you want an 03.There were some that had issues with the heat treating of the receivers and they could be dangerous with certain loads.I do not know where the cut off is for these serial numbers,but all that I have read about buying an03 says to have it checked by a gunsmith first.

Early Springfield 1903s under 800,000 serial and Rock Island under 286,506 serial are considered unsafe to shoot from brittle steel in receiver

J

Josh Smith

I really want a 1903 or three.

Problem is that they're going for crack smoking prices. Same reason I don't own a Garand -- I look at milsurp rifles as tough, utilitarian tools that will see work.

If I pay so much for a rifle I'm afraid to scratch or dent it, then it's likely a rifle I'll probably not buy, even though I may really want it.

Josh

You gotta pay to play. Its all about supply and demand.
If you look around and take your time you can get a decent 1903 or A3 for $600 or so
Good Garands can be bought at CMP for $525 and $625