Loaded Pistol Found In Toy Aisle at Target

Accidental or Intentional?

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - A real gun was found in the toy aisle of Target on Seaboard Street. The police report states a loss prevention worker stumbled upon the gun Friday night.

The gun was in plain view on top of a superhero Playskool toy box when the worker found it; he thought it was a toy. He realized it was real after seeing it was loaded with live ammo.

The fact that it was found in an aisle geared toward children makes some shoppers feel this was no accident.

"I don't think someone would accidentally drop off a gun. I think he purposely left it there for a child .... (full story below)

Police identify last known owner of loaded gun found in Target - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Since I personally can't imagine any scenario where a responsible gun owner would take out their pistol in the middle of Target, lay it down in plain sight in the toy aisle, and then proceed to walk away unintentionally forgetting it, I can only conclude that this Hi-Point was intentionally left for one of two reasons:

1. By a person with a vendetta with hope that it would be immediately traced back to the owner to get her into serious trouble ... or
2. With hope that a child would find it and shoot themselves or someone else (a truly twisted individual).

I will be interested to see what this investigation reveals (I hope that the perp is brought to justice quickly).

How about this. The gun was left where it was so the story could get in the news. The anti gunners would have one more reason to beat their drums and sing about taking our guns away. I would not put it past those people to leave a gun there to get a story out of it.

How about this. The gun was left where it was so the story could get in the news. The anti gunners would have one more reason to beat their drums and sing about taking our guns away. I would not put it past those people to leave a gun there to get a story out of it.
MB ... While the anti-gun crowd has certainly proven itself willing to ignore facts, propagate lies and use tragic events to further their misguided cause, I would hate to think that they would/could stoop to these perverted depths (but I suppose it's possible). If that were to turn out to be the case, I hope the perp(s) rots in prison for a long time.

Don't put it past Nanny Bloomberg and Shannon Watts. Moms Demand Action is Targeting Target stores about open carry.

They will lie, and cheat the numbers, they will not allow anti "them" posts on their own pages and complain about anti "them" posts on forums and TTAG. Watts posts the bad things the bad people say about them to prove how bad we gun people really are.

They are the bad people. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mousilini, ad infintum. All use lies to further their own power.

Freedom hating, liberty deniers are all the same the means justify the ends. And the end goal is gun confiscation.

I believe I will have to agree with Brat on this one.
This is absolutely what the AG crowd would do.
Remember the anti-fur loons who burned down the Colorado mink farm with minks still in it as well as a person? Hell of a way to get your anti-fur message acrossed...eh?
The anti-gunners will stoop to ANY low to cause trouble.:flag:

From what I read here, either a sick puppy needs to be put down, or a completely incompetent fool needs his carry permit revoked! Who does this shit!?

My initial reaction/guess was that some dimwitted criminal or just plain moron, was intent on committing a robbery but had a change of heart for some unknown reason and just left it where he/she happened to be standing at the moment without a thought for where he/she was.

dogrtst