Lauhorner indoor range Springfield Ohio

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Minimal Brat, September 10, 2012.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Had a great Friday with some friends at the Lauhorner indoor range in Springfield. We had never been there before so we thought we would check it out.

The range is well lit but it does echo more than the other ranges I have been too. I didn't care. The range I usually go to ( by my house ) I call the cave because it isn't lit very well. They could do with a table to put your things on as they only had one small table ( plenty of room to put a banquet size table ) next to the little table they have. Once a few people started shooting there really wasn't enough room to put your things. Glad I got to the table first lol. I and someone else shared it.

They do have a range B but I wasn't in it. Might be for long guns or maybe just another range I am not sure.

It was 13 for the day so not a bad price at all. Their price for cheap Remington 9mm ammo, was about 13 dollars. Not bad for a range. I have never used remington, don't really know anything about the ammo. For cheap ammo I tend to get american or blazer. I took 3 boxs of 9mm but little did I know those in my party were going to love shooting so much I got to shoot very little lol. I should have taken more with me lol. They had to go and buy some right there lol. I said that's it, lol they get to buy next time lol. So they gave me money to pick up ammo lol.

No one owned a gun out of my party except me so they all took turns with the ones I brought lol. ruger .22, 709 and sr9c. My sr9c was the hit of the party. Have a feeling a few are going to get one over the next couple of weeks. They of course loved the .22 because they could shoot so much and it cost almost nothing. Think the last ammo I picked up for it was 550 in a box for something like 6 bucks.

I was telling my friends mother about us going. She is in her middle 70's. She said she would love to go with us. I said well heck next time I am going to go I will let her know. She hasn't shot in a long time so that .22 should be great fun for her to plink with to begin with. Then she is more than welcome to try out what I have.

Will sure go back to this range again when I am in southern Ohio.

I have been told by the owner of Triad Gun in coventry plaza they are going to open a gun range right next to them. That would be real nice. Another gun range close lol. Not sure when, will keep you all posted.

2. WOW! $13 for the DAY?! That is cheap our cost that for 30 minutes around here at Clelands. Hence the reason I do not go there often. There ammo is expensive there too even for blazer.

I am trying to get my wife to shoot a 9mm but she likes the .22 because there is no kick to it. I've not shot the SR9C yet myself being a Kimber and Springfield person. Now onto the .22 ammo price. Where in the heck are you buying .22 ammo that cheap? I just checked Wally World 2 days ago and they wanted $23 for 550 I think it was.

70's and still shooting? That is AWESOME! I hope that I am even alive then but I highly doubt it if my wife has any say so. :rofl:

3. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Sitting here trying to remember where I got the .22 ammo lol. I got it at Kames in canton. They have some great sales and when they do I buy lol

4. I might have to drive to Canton to get some ammo. LOL Might be worth the drive. :)

5. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Call them first and see what they have. Their sales are great but their non sales prices aren't always that great.

6. Good to know. Thank you. :)

7. diesel

diesel

Got a sale flier from Cabelas yesterday. 525 box of Remington .22s $17 and change. Not a bad deal.:flag:

8. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Found the receipt. 525 federal for 6.25. I don't care for remington. Just don't like how they shoot in the 9's. Never shot them in the .22

9. WOW that is cheap! I cannot find them that damn cheap around here...I guess I need to search some more.