• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Just One Sidearm

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Dateline: America - January 1, 2019.

It is the "new" America. For some reason new laws have come out that basically say Constitutional Carry is the law of the land. Woo-Hoo! This is good. However, in order to pass that "law" there was an amendment that also carried. You can only OWN/CARRY one sidearm.

No spare guns. No competition only guns in the closet. No backup guns. No plinkers. Nothing.

You can own only ONE sidearm and you are free to do with it as you please. Open carry, concealed carry, shooting sports, hunting (if legal with a pistol), practice, plinking, tin cans, etc.

Your job is to reduce your current inventory to ONE SIDEARM.

Which ones get dropped and why? Also, which single, solitary sidearm makes the cut and becomes your only pistol? You can also go out and buy a gun, AFTER you've disposed of all the ones you currently own.

You can keep one shotgun and one rifle, but this is not part of the question at this time.

What's your "keeper" sidearm in this scenario?

AD

oldman10mm

vip
Army
will the ones we have to dispose of be reimbursed for or just turn them in with no reimbursement.
will we still be able to reload or will that equipment be gone too and we'll have to used commercially available ammo ? being able to reload will be a factor in determining which handgun.
will we be able to carry clips/speedloaders ?
if you're establishing a scenario,more info is needed.

Last edited:

MikeH121

vip
Army
What Guns? Guns are bad. :rofl:

Who knows where the steel came from, what it went through growing up. You think once it became a gun it was mentally unstable, No it was already that way society just refused to see the signs. :D

Why then would I have any of those bad influences around me or my family?;)

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Hmmm...I still have to keep my 1911 Kimber. It just eats anything and as almost all 1911's just damn reliable. Now having to get rid of ALL my other children will be heart breaking, to say the least, my Kimber is my goto for CCW all the time anyhow.

Don't get me wrong I am will a Springfield fan boy to the bitter end. I just love the 1911 platform and function.

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
OK, for those who wish to take a simple scenario and make it difficult, yes, you can keep your loading equipment. That never killed anybody unless it fell over on you.

Magazines, speed loaders etc are all OK to have but only for your single sidearm.

And no, you will not be paid for guns that are turned in. They will be destroyed by our benevolent government. Life is not fair and I didn't vote for the people who came up with the whole scheme. Hell, the goverment may go into the gun selling business with all these new found firearms!

When you show up and hand them over and sign the legally binding document saying you now own one sidearm, you will be issued your "Certificate of Constitutional Carry".

Just play the game guys, don't make this too difficult. It is merely an exercise.

How will "the government" be able to make sure all those people carrying guns are "legal"? The embedded RFID chip, of course! The auto-reader in the patrol car "reads" the chips continuously while on patrol, very similar to tag readers now. If you gun chip doesn't match your carry chip, you're toast.

What chip? Why the medical RFID chip that everyone gets on their 10th birthday. It has everything on it!!

AD

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
What about the chip in your kindergarten vaccination shot?......LOL

I would have to opt for my 4" S&W 586. I tend to hit better with this gun than all my others. It's a bit big for concealed carry though I only get one, right? And i'm able to open carry it?
Two quik-loaders in my leather belt holder as well. Being, probably, the most popular revo round, should make ammo a none-issue.
My other handguns are all large caliber that I don't hit so well with. Two .22's and a .22 Mag. Also a .45 Remy 1911 that I haven't shot enough to trust myself with in a critical situation.:flag:

oldman10mm

vip
Army
I guess I'll have to stop acquiring handguns because the more I get,the more difficult it will be to choose.

NO WAIT !!! I don't have to stop buying handguns. The 'law' doesn't occur until JANUARY 1st 2019. Get back to me on DECEMBER 31st 2018 and I'll give you my choice. Gotta go buy more handguns now.

Last edited:

P7PSP

I'd probably go with my XDm40 with 9mm and 357Sig barrels and springs. Ya gotta love accessories, three calibers for the price of one.

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
I'd probably go with my XDm40 with 9mm and 357Sig barrels and springs. Ya gotta love accessories, three calibers for the price of one.
Nope. Not legal. Only one sidearm and one caliber.

AD

P7PSP

Nope. Not legal. Only one sidearm and one caliber.

AD
Haha, that rule seems to absent from the OP.

In that case I would go out and buy a Glock 19. Reliable, 9mm is easy to find, tons of aftermarket support, shoots like a full size yet concealable, higher capacity mags available, in the event of TEOTWAWKI/SHTF there would still be parts/support scavengable due to popularity/LEO use.

I don't really have an excuse as to why I do not own one yet. It's the first thing I recommend to new shooters who want to own one gun (yes I laugh each time I hear that, they alway end up with more).

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Haha, that rule seems to absent from the OP.
Ah yes. Congress added an amendment to the new law making the single firearm a "single caliber only".

Kind of like being in New Jersey and having the police find a single spent shell in your car and arresting you!! If your license says 9mm gun and you have 45ACP ammo on you, instant arrest. Hey, I don't make the laws!!

I'd probably lean towards the Glock 19 or 26 also. Main reasons mostly from what you said and the ability to use the magazines from three other guns in an emergency as all the double stack 9mm Glock mags fit the G26.

9mm is plentiful as are replacement/spare parts and being able to run with that 33 round magazine is a nice touch, even if it does look very odd in the G26.

OK, I've made my decision. Glock 26 for the brave new world. Small, compact, accurate and can hold the same as the Glock 19 or Glock 34 and still be concealed nicely should I decide to do that. Not likely, but you never know.

AD (photos available of my Glock 26 with the 33 round magazine if needed)

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Hmmm, now I have to think about this more. I do have my 9mm Springfield XD as well. :confused: