Just me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Room' started by Minimal Brat, January 16, 2013.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Wanted to stop in and say hello.

I haven't been on much, as most of you have seen. Been sick off and on over the last four months and it has been real bad lately. Bad lungs is the cause but have to live with it lol better than the alternative. I have been taking more steroids over the last few months than body builders lol. Have packed on about 80 pounds from the darn things. Of course this makes breathing hard but without them can't breath lol. The range isn't always a friendly place for me while I am sick as the gun powder really affects my lungs. Have only gotten to practice a few times over the last few months. Had a great time while I was there but really paid for it later. We had a great time last weekend at the range, I go with a shooting buddy. Did pretty well but sure wasn't a diamond day.

Never ending cycle. So now the medications are done and I can start to little by little work out again and drain the body of the fat I have put on. Takes me about a year to go through this cycle of getting back into shape. This keeps me pretty busy as I work out 3 times a day.

I do have a question that I am sure one of you can help me with. The total back sight on my ruger Mark II is over to the right again. It was wacked back into place and then sighted by a gun smith once for me because the screw isn't keeping it in place. Can I replace this whole back sight and will this fix my problem? I tried to call ruger but was 20th in line on the phone lol.

2. diesel

diesel

I had that problem with my Remington 1911. Before I knocked it over, I put a little lock tite on both sides then pushed it into place. That was last year and it is still fine.:flag:

3. I am glad your back with us hon. I am sorry about your lung problems, I am sympathize in a way. I have Asthma and usually twice a year I am on steroids and antibiotics for a clean out, not to mention the daily meds for it.

I get the same way in the range as well and do pay for it at from time to time. I have learned that is the price I pay for my love of the smell of burn gun powder.

What Diesel said to do should work with the loctite. Just make sure it is exactly where you want it to be before hand though. :D

Again welcome back hon we missed you here.

4. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

for 5 bucks the gun smith is going to set it and lock tight it for me. I will take it to the range and see if I can sight it lol if not it is 20 to 35 bucks for that. Have to love the smell of gun powder but the doc said I should wear a mask while I am there lol. I can see it now, I walk into the range armed and with a mask on lol

5. Just you and welcome back.

Minimal glad to hear you have a postive prognosis to your condition. Breathing poorly has such a dramatic effect on the overal health of an individual. Being unable to breathe and trying to loose weight is just too much of a struggle for anyone to bear. I wish you well on your recovery and look forward to seeing you more on the forum.
    Good Luck and God Bless

6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Re: Just you and welcome back.

Thank you so much. I am pretty use to this as I have been going through this for about 15 years lol.