Just finished an intense weekend with Robert Vogel.

Discussion in 'Tactics & Training' started by PrepperTraining, September 30, 2012.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

So much to learn. Also, he's from NE Ohio! Burned through over 700 rounds, got to do some night shooting (even though the full moon prevented it from being really dark). Exhausted, but really enjoyed it and have lots of new things to practice!

Check out his web site: http://www.vogeldynamics.com/bio/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

Cool. Was this IPSC type training or was this for personal defense type training?

3. Night shooting. Ah yes.

We'll be doing that on the first Monday of the month now that it's getting dark out earlier.

Everybody learns something when they have to run through a dark stage if they haven't done it for awhile!!

AD

4. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

The class was billed as personal defense, but was actually more IDPA/USPCA type shooting. Of course his comment held some validity: Putting bullets on target quickly is the goal whether you're gaming or fighting.

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

I can't argue with that. Wondering if you guys did some close quarters retention type gun handling with Mr. Vogel. This Extreme close quarters combat stuff has really piqued my interest.

6. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

No - none of that sort of thing. We did do some of that with Jon Farnam a coulpe of months ago.

This is my real interest as well. John Farnam spent an entire morning going over disarms and retention before moving into the force-on-force portion of the second day. I wanted more. I have a local krav maga studio that I need to get back to. This may help scratch that itch a bit.