Ignorance at its Worst.

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by dogshawred, August 20, 2013.

1. This piece may give you an idea of just how ignorant some people who have little to no knowledge of a subject can truly be and so willing to publicly show everyone.
    ~
    Communications to Buckeye Firearms Foundation about Zimmerman Second Amendment Fund expose raging anti-gun mentality | Buckeye Firearms Association
    ~
    Nearly a decade ago, I came across an article by a Dr. Sarah Thompson, entitled "Raging Against Self Defense - A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality." The article was originally published by Utah Gun Owners Alliance, where Dr. Thompson served as executive director, but I came across it on the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership's website.
    ~
    In the article, Dr. Thompson discusses some of the major psychological issues that anti-gun rights people seem to be struggling with, as demonstrated by their behavior.
    ~
    That article came back to mind weeks ago as I read the Internet comments, Facebook messages and emails we received in response to the news that Buckeye Firearms Foundation had launched a (George) Zimmerman Second Amendment Fund after the Florida crime victim was found not guilty in his self-defense case.
    ~
    I thought it might be educational to revisit that article, and look for examples of the mental issues Dr. Thompson enumerated in the emails and Facebook messages we received.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WARNING: If you prefer not to read violent, profanity-laced language, don't continue reading. You were warned.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Communications to Buckeye Firearms Foundation about Zimmerman Second Amendment Fund expose raging anti-gun mentality | Buckeye Firearms Association

2. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I'm fascinated by the fact that the majority of anti-gun individuals that I've debated over the years are completely unable to logically articulate their position on the issues. I have no tolerance for those who's only play in attempting to make their point is resorting to name calling :cuss: and emotionalism :cry: (guess that's why I'm not fond of most liberals :lol:)

3. Wow. Those "replies" on that site pretty much show the "anger" in the anti-gunner's lives.

And not quite so surprising is that I don't know of anyone who carries a gun who makes statements like that.

Perhaps those anti-gunners need to take a good look in the mirror to see where the problems are.

Thanks for the article.

AD