I has an Idea

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by MikeH121, December 21, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

"We can't arm teachers." or "We can't afford to put cops in every school"

Well here's my idea: E-6, E-7, or E-8's Combat Vets. Put one active duty in every school. In their home town or at least home state. They are on active duty so we are paying them anyway. We add extra for TDY (Temp Duty) just like anytime they are temp assigned somewhere.

They have orders, they have a place of duty with times to report. And they STAY ARMED. Not in uniform, look like a school teacher or admin. They carry a service pistol. They have access to a locked up, loaded ready to use M4. 2 to 3 years duty, monitored so they don't get burnt out.

And the next Idea....if you are arguing with an anti gun nut job, or "assault" weapons ban fan, ask them this:

If we found out that the CT shooter's AR was one of the weapons from Fast and Furious, how many seconds would the media take to shut down the story and move on to something else? Diane-ban-Fienstien would go back to attack Reps for saving millionaires money, or something else stupid like that. Would the media be then calling for Holder's arrest? If the CT shooter was a Muslim would this go away as well?

Just an idea or two.

2. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I say let any teacher or administrator carry that wants to as long as they get more training than just a ccl. In Ohio the school board can give permission to carry to anyone they want to.

3. Very well thought out plan. I like it too. :clap:

Also you are 1000% right about the Fast and Furious guns.

4. Oh man, that's perfect.

The media would be having fits for having to keep it all quiet and not just coming out with the facts.

AD

5. Sigh

Sigh

Just get rid of the "gun free zones." No more government... please.

6. I would have to agree. Lets let each state or district figure out what they are going to do. I like the idea of hiring vets, I do not like the idea of creating another federal bureaucracy and public union mess. Does the TSA ring any bells?

7. Sigh

Sigh

I mean simply remove the carry prohibition. Armed guards in schools is bad for liberty. Those that wish to carry can carry. It creates the deterrent and it allows the opportunity for a murderer to be stopped. It's simple. It's inexpensive. It's effective.

Schools should never have been "gun free zones" to begin with.

8. Sigh

Sigh

Yeah... I mostly agree with you, except the hiring part. Did anyone notice that a former undersecretary for Homeland Security was tapped to lead this...

(BTW: I mis-read you post the first time so I replied again this time. :) )

9. I am sorry but to say that a chl to carry in a school has to have more training than the rest of the public is an infringement of their rights to cc. They should not be picked on because of where they carry concealed.
    If they make schools gun zones are only visitors with special training going to be allowed on school property and how will you control that. After all that is the purpose of cc is your not supposed to know it is there to begin with.
    Granted your suggestion has merit but you can't pick on school staff that wants to protect themselves from violent criminials, we need to loose the gun free zones in our country and allow the citizens protect themselves and their loved ones.
    If schools would require a regiment of practice and is willing to incorparte situational training at no cost to the staff without mandatory requirements, I believe most would participate for their own protection.
    Our maintaining the ability to protect ourselves will spill over into the schools if they were gun zones, it is the nature of society.

10. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Sheesh TheRightMonkey... Don't go giving them ideas!! That's pretty scary.

11. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

DogShawRed - I think we're on the same page here, or at least close. One thing we need to be clear about is the difference between REQUIRED and ALLOWED. I think most people are saying people should be allowed carry on school property. I agree with that. The only way to protect our kids is to allow offensive capabilities for staff and administration. Carry should be ALLOWED but not REQUIRED, perhaps ENCOURAGED. We could encourage it by offering free CCW classes for school staff. I don't think it would be a hard sell to offer free classes for them. I know I would!

Also - teachers are constantly going for additional training. That is part of the culture. We should make defensive shooting a part of that training. Again, not required, but allowed. Schools have training for what to do in case of a fire (fire drills). Summertime would be a great time to have an "Active Shooter" drill for the staff. Give them a chance to use air soft and practice force on force. It would really give them a chance to review the layout of the school, find good cover spots and talk about concepts like fields of fire.

But - will that ever fly in any school?

12. diesel

diesel

Just for the hell of it, do you know who originally allowed guards in our schools way back in the "90's"?
    That's right.....Bill Clinton, with all the backing of flip-flopper, Nancy Pelosi, who by the way, now opposes armed guards in schools.
    Typical liberal bullshit.
    Just thought you would want to know that.....in case you forgot.:flag: