How to make sure a ffl dealer in ohio is on the up and up?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by mike85, July 7, 2012.

1. mike85

mike85

Hello everyone

I was looking to purchase a firearm from either gunauction.com or gunbroker.com because they have the best prices and i wanted to go through a transfer with a specific dealer because the gun shops are far from my area i live in cleveland and do not have a car at this time so i wondering about a ffl dealer a few shakes up the road from me i never did this sort of thing before so i was wondering how could make sure this guys is trustworthy and doesnt rip me off and do these guys deal with strangers all the time

here is this guys info how can i run info about this guy and make sure he isnt a scammer and things like that

1528 Clermont Road

Cleveland, OH. 44110

Mailing Address

Sterner, Charles W

mike

1528 Clermont Road

Cleveland, OH. 44110

2. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

I don't know, sorry.

3. diesel

diesel

You can ask around your local shooting ranges, someone must have dealt with him before. You can also check with the BBB. Maybe even "Angies List."

4. How did you find this guy ? Does he have a store ? It may be as simple as a walk to his store and a chat with him. Ask him what he charges for a transfer fee, etc. Look around at his clientèle. Talk to his neighbors. While it doesn't hurt to ask opinions here, his neighbors can better tell you about his customer traffic. Ultimately, it's up to you to to judge for yourself if you want to do business with him. I'm sure if any forum members have had a bad exxperience with him, they will let you know.

5. BigDawgFirearms

BigDawgFirearms

Try Big Dawg firearms & Supply at 6182 Chambersburg Road Huber Heights, OH 45424. They do not charge any processing fees for receiving your gun. Friendly service and a wide variety of items. They also have an onsite Gunsmith on Tuesday and Thursdays from 1 to 4