How sticky is Ohio on printing

Discussion in 'Carry Issues & Self Defense' started by Minimal Brat, December 5, 2012.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

This really hasn't been an issue for me so far as I carry in my purse or belly holster. I am looking at gun belts and holsters now and I have to wonder how sticky is Ohio on printing or lumps on the side from holsters them self's?

2. Not sure if there a hard fast law on it or not but I personally have never been worried too much about it. Since Ohio is an open carry state it's never been a worry to me. I am sure other answers will be forthcoming and you get those that do worry about it.

I say wear what you want and not worry about it but that's just my nickels worth. :thumbs:

3. rjrivero

rjrivero

This is my thought on it as well. You want to be reasonable in your cover garment, but with a good inside the pants holster, I can cover with a baggy t-shirt and not really print badly.

4. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

My thinking was since we do have open carry I really don't have to worry about it. Not so much worried about showing more the lump that can happen. I checked inside my pants and they are full of me lol no room for a gun. Going to have to be out side the waist lol.

5. I was told by my LEO instructer that it would be an issue if someone saw it and called the cops. It either has to be concealed or in the open. Take that for what it's worth witch isn't much.

6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I wasn't worried about the gun showing. More the bottom of the holster or the bulge from the gun/holster.

7. MikeH121

MikeH121

Guy in a grocery store, then a cop steps in the aisle in front of his cart, he can then feel the muzzle of a weapon on the back of his neck. First one asks if he has a CCW, he says yes shows it then they say sorry. As he closed the back of his SUV some older lady saw his weapon and called.

It is not a big deal but they do have to respond.

8. Orlando

Orlando

There is absolutly no law in Ohio about printing. Ohio is not a no print State

Last edited: December 6, 2012
  9. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Always a good idea to ask around when I can't really find the information I am looking for. Thanks

I am now starting to look into reloading 9mm lol. My husband just rolls his eyes at me. I need a list of all the things I need. Not a list of all the things a company says I need lol.

10. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Off the top of my head...

Press and dies
    powder scale
    primer tool
    case lube pad
    some sort of tumbler (I got a rock tumbler from HarborFreight) and media.

This should cover you pretty well. You'll have to by a set of dies for 9MM and the tumbler and media

11. What Prepper said is a great start. You should not need a lube pad though for 9mm IF you use carbide dies which I will always recommend over plain steel. The one thing that is imperative to have though is a at least 1 good reloading manual for recipes and data. That is a must have for ANY reloader. I use Speer mostly but also have a Sierra and Hornady book as well.

I almost for got a decent caliper as well for size measurements. :)

12. If you need some brass and bullets to get you started here is a deal from Slash K I got in my e-mail today. Direct link is here: Jacketed Bullets - Slash K

[TABLE="width: 559"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 24"]Jacketed 9mm Bullets and Brass Combo Pack[/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8"][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 15"]Normally $96.95

Now $77.56[/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 4"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 8"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 19"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 11"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 7"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 18"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 11"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3"]20% off[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 12"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 16"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 21"]From December 6th through December 15th, our combo pack of jacketed 9mm 124gr bullets and range brass will be discounted by 20%.
    Shipped in a free 30 caliber ammo can, all you’ll need to do is add your favorite powder and primers to make an efficient shooting cartridge.
    Normal price on this is $96.95, but you can get it for the next few days for only $77.56, shipped free to your door!
    Click here to buy![/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 28"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 30"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 23"]Slash K Guns and Custom Ammo
    3156 E. Ajo Way
    Tucson, AZ 85713
    (520) 747-1521
    www.slashk.org[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: December 6, 2012
  13. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I found some great videos on you tube lol. Thanks so much for all the information you have given me. What I now need to figure out is when am I going to have time to knit lol. I said hey look I can save tons of money. Great video on do it cheap instead of a fancy machine. He, once again, rolled his eyes at me lol. Going to look into this after the first of the year.

I was told he needs " x " amount of money to finish remodeling those two halls, two bedrooms and finish putting down the trim in the bathroom he started work on this summer. Come on he is almost 70 takes the old man a bit of time lol. I can have no more toys until I give him that money. Now, I know you all agree with me lol. What do I care about a wing of the upstairs I never go into. I could be down in the basement reloading ammo lol.

He said I have become obsessed with this stuff. When I learned to cook I didn't learn to make soup out of a can I learned to make soup. When I learned to sew I found I enjoyed wearing what I made. When I learned to knit I liked knowing everyone I loved was covered with a beautiful, warm afghan. Why shouldn't I learn to load for myself too.

I am not young. I am not the woman men are going to fight over when the zombies come. I will have SKILLS lol. I will not be used as zombie bait lol.

Last edited: December 7, 2012
  14. MBrat,

Any estimate of just how much you shoot in a year?

AD

15. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I shoot at least 1/2 as much as I would like lol. This isn't only about saving money per piece of ammo. While I can get a box of ammo for the range at 10 dollars a box I buy it. I can't make it that cheap. Ammo isn't always going to be that cheap.

This is about a skill. I spent my whole life taking care of others. This is what a wife and mother does. I can remember the years of holes in my socks so my kids had new shoes. Now is my time.

This afternoon we talked about it again. He said you know how much you have saved so you know what there is to spend. Give me some money lol. Then he said you want a new glock. That new Dillon machine is going to cost the same as your new gun. Which do you want more lol.

Last edited: December 7, 2012