How much is enough?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by whitewolf68, January 27, 2012.

1. Ok, right now I have over 500 rounds of 12ga target loads alone, that include purchased and reloaded. My question is how much is enough? I have a tote full of hulls, started with 1100 and probably have 800 or so left, just waiting to be loaded. What are your personal thoughts. Just keep loading? :)

2. forrest r

forrest r

You’re good, if 500 rounds don’t get you there nothing will. I’d be wheelin & dealin the rest of them off for things that you want/need to get a good stock pile of other ammo going. Some of the things that have worked for me in the past that I traded for:

Reloading equipment
    Brass that I wanted/needed
    Primers
    Powders
    Casting equipment (molds/sizers/bullet lube/ alloys)
    $$$$$$

Every year I sell range brass & range lead to pay for my reloading supplies (powder/primers/lubes/misc).

I’m sure that there is a million different things you want or could use, those hulls are nothing more than just another step in getting you a mile down that road. Put them out there on cast boolits website in the swap/sell thread, consider it fishing & see what you ketch. Keep in mind that You may get an excellent trade offer with something you don’t want or need. It doesn’t matter as long as it can be resold for a profit.

3. DEFCON1

DEFCON1

I have to disagree. There is no such thing as too much, and enough is subjective. I'd start loading defense loads. Buckshot is your friend.

4. I've not gotten rid of any equipment since I began reloading over 25 years ago. Not so sure I could get rid of the hulls either, they are just inexpensive gun club hulls. I probably could stand to get rid of a 1000 9mm cases though. I have probably 4000 of them. ;) I do have 6000 large pistol primers as well, I just remembered.

I am a collector at heart, I take after my grandfather in that respect.