here we go again

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by diesel, February 28, 2015.

1. diesel

diesel

AR-15 Bullet Sales Surge After ATF Ban Announcement

Gun stores selling 20 times usual amount
    View attachment 1086
    Customers are purchasing AR-15 ammo in volumes up to 20 times the normal rate in some gun stores across the country in reaction to the ATF’s plan to ban 5.56 mm steel-tipped bullets.
    Earlier this week, the ATF announced its intention to ban sales of the ammunition, typically used by sports shooters, in the name of protecting law enforcement officers from “the threat posed by ammunition capable of penetrating a protective vest.â€

The news prompted panic buying, with numerous gun stores reporting a rush of demand for the ammunition.

According to Travis Brunson, owner of Guns on 41 in Ft. Myers, Florida, he is getting calls from customers asking, “whether this ammunition is gonna be banned, how much can i get and what’s happening to the price.â€

“We probably sold 2,000 rounds today, where normally we might sell 100, 200,†Brunson told Fox 4. The price of the bullets is also starting to rise.

It’s a similar story at Fowler Firearms, where manager Jon Dezendorf said he began receiving calls about the ammunition shortly after the ATF made its announcement.

Earlier this week, the ATF announced its intention to ban sales of the ammunition, typically used by sports shooters, in the name of protecting law enforcement officers from “the threat posed by ammunition capable of penetrating a protective vest.â€

The news prompted panic buying, with numerous gun stores reporting a rush of demand for the ammunition.

According to Travis Brunson, owner of Guns on 41 in Ft. Myers, Florida, he is getting calls from customers asking, “whether this ammunition is gonna be banned, how much can i get and what’s happening to the price.â€

“We probably sold 2,000 rounds today, where normally we might sell 100, 200,†Brunson told Fox 4. The price of the bullets is also starting to rise.

It’s a similar story at Fowler Firearms, where manager Jon Dezendorf said he began receiving calls about the ammunition shortly after the ATF made its announcement.

View attachment 1087

Steve Ellis, owner of Top Guns in Terre Haute, Indiana, told WTHI that supplies were dwindling.

“Everyone is selling out of ammunition, distributors are out, manufacturers are out, most dealers are out,†said Ellis.

It was also reported that a Walmart in Anchorage, AK went from having plentiful supplies of the bullets to none whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Ryan Cook, manager of Eagle Armory in Springfield, said that suppliers were telling him “there was none available to orderâ€.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte asserts that the proposed ban is a violation of the Administrative Procedures Act and has vowed to fight the measure in court.

Congressman Tom Rooney has also introduced a bill which will shoot down the ban, with Rooney charging that the measure infringes upon the second amendment.:flag:

Last edited: February 28, 2015
  2. Cutlass327

Cutlass327

#1 firearm salesman and his cronies strike again...

3. Yeah I am sorry to say I am part of the craze as well. I figured I would buy a bit more of the SS109 loaded 5.56 ammo while I can. If memory serves me right it is the M855 nato round? I am sure someone here can correct me if I am wrong. Anyhow I did order another 250 rounds just for the hell of it to add to the dens stash.

4. reaper66

reaper66

First they say they are going to ban it. Then they say it was banned last year but accidentally left out of the printing. Now its not banned.
    Can someone not make a decision or what?
    I think they are more interested in scaring people but all they're doing is pissing me off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

5. It just a matter of time. We cannot get complacent here because the fight will continue with them for sure.