Hello From Virginia!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings - New User Forum' started by t11spanner, January 11, 2012.

1. t11spanner

t11spanner

Good Morning to All!

I live in Virginia, but am from Ohio.

Visit family in the Toledo area and the SE Cleveland area for friends that I grew up.

Carl

2. Welcome aboard Carl. All are welcome regardless of location. =)

I live in Toledo and would love to see open carry here in Ohio but until then I will continue to CC.

Any ideas for improvements or requests please do not hesitate to ask.

Andrew

3. t11spanner

t11spanner

I open carry everytime I go home.

4. WOW, you've never had issues with the police around here? I am very nervous too because my wife works for a county judge.

5. DEFCON1

DEFCON1

Wait... you do know that open carry is completely legal in Ohio, right? I do it all of the time.

6. Yes I do realize it is 100% legal. I am just trying to avoid the confrontation with LEO's as much as possible. I've created a portable Android app of the current Ohio CCW booklet and carry on my phone with me at all times just in case. ;)

I would love to carry openly but the hassle of the law stops me most of the time. Here at home while working in the yard I ALWAYS have my 1911 openly displayed.

7. forrest r

forrest r

Hello & welcome to a very small part of the internet. I live in a real bad area & don't openly display nothing.

8. t11spanner

t11spanner

Let me see, Carried in Toledo, Maumee, Sandusky, Lorain, Cleveland, Elyria, Avon and Avon Lake, Sheffield (Was even stopped by LE, they changed a street direction and I did not know!), Brecksville, Northfield, Macedonia, Streetsboro, Stow and Akron. Never an issue. Came through in 2010 with my motorcycle club along I-70 from west to east with a overnight stop in Columbus, even carried at Red Lobster.

Carl

9. DEFCON1

DEFCON1

You're ok with that now, but that could have gotten you in heap-big trouble back in 2010. Alcohol establishments were off limits until September last year.

10. t11spanner

t11spanner

Yeah, it was an opps moment.