Guten tag von Zinzinnati

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings - New User Forum' started by cincinnasti08, October 23, 2012.

1. cincinnasti08

cincinnasti08

Guten Tag meine Kolleginnen Waffenbesitzer. Well maybe I should just say it in English haha. Good day my fellow gun owners. New guy from Cincinnati hoping to help put some value information to the forums and take some with me along the way. I've been around guns my entire life, most of my family are on active duty from the Coast Guard to the devil dogs. I'm still a green horn but like a wise man once said, you can never stop learning. Here's a picture of what I currently own (minus the Taurus PT99 and Mossberg 590A1):
    150354_3866402984599_1773313212_n.jpg

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

Hello also from Cincy....Born here raised in Fl. Made it back here then Joined the Army, then made it back again.

If I layed out all my guns, knives, swords and other weapons it won't fit on the bed. only 11 firearms so far....but a crap load of blades. Collect them, make them sometimes and make handles.

The only bad thing about Cincy is...NOT ENOUGH GUN RANGES.

A play on the old saying. "Eat,drink and ......" "Drink, shoot and get a self inflicted wound." :lol:

3. Welcome to the forums! If there is anything I do do to help or make your visits here better please do let me know.

Always good to have another to the community here. We are fairly new and still trying to grow Please do not hesitate to let other know about our community here ALL and welcome.

Cheers!

Andy

4. diesel

diesel

Hello Cincinnati Kid. Just play'n. Good to have you aboard. Looks like you have a nice start on you collection for your age.:peace:
    All i had at your age was a $20 Mossberg bolt-action 20 guage with a "poly" choke. I killed a slew of critters with that old gun though....put plenty of food on the table with it.:flag:

5. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Welcome cincinnasti08! I'm sure you'll find a great group of fellow shooters here. How do you like your 590A? I had trouble getting enough shot on steel with mine and had it tapped for a choke. I haven't gotten out to pattern it yet...

6. cincinnasti08

cincinnasti08

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. It's nice to find a forum where people are actually there to help lol. I'm still in the process of collecting a few more firearms, my uncle actually passed away yesterday which is depressing but I found he had left me his service pistol and M1 from his flying days in WWII (both of which are being put in a display and hung above my fireplace.

Yea Cincinnati sucks for gun ranges but my father-in-law has some property in Milford and he lets me shoot out there whenever my heart desires, or when my finger starts gettin itchy haha. I'm trying to find a reasonably priced 700 or an American if I can find one, I haven't been hunting in years and would like to get back into it.

The 590 isn't too bad, mine seems to keep a pretty tight group at about 50 yards but occasionally I'll get a wild one that goes way left of center. I don't know if I'm swaying at the last second or if it's just the loads I'm using but overall it's really nice gun, better than my brothers 870 IMO. Plus I only paid 325 for it and the guy gave me the side saddle, about 200 rounds and 2-3 choke with it so I can't complain haha.

I'm slowly starting to realize that my passion has turned to an addiction. I used to only use my computer to look at random videos, now the only things in my search history are armslist, gunlistings, gunbroker, etc etc lol. This year alone I've spent close to $3000 on guns, ammo, safe and accessories. Anyone know of a Firearms Rehab??? :rofl:

7. MikeH121

MikeH121

ReHab is for QUITTERS. :lol:

Land, Sea and Air in Newport has 2 American Rifles. IN stock as of Tues. They go fast though. Or Shooter's Supply in Loveland will order them for ya.

8. cincinnasti08

cincinnasti08

Hahah, very true. An I ain't no quitter

Trying to stay in-state so I don't have to deal with the FFL transfer fee's. I called SS the other day and they told me they were on backorder for those lol, just my luck. I did see a Taurus ultra lite forsale at Facet's in milford, spur of the moment buy. Put it on layaway so i got a little time to pay it off

Still keepin my eye out for a nice hunting rifle though haha

9. MikeH121

MikeH121

You can buy long guns in KY just fine. Just cannot buy pistols without the transfer.

Facet in Amelia has some rifles including a sporterized Mosin with a Monte Carlo stock.

They were almost outta pistols though.

10. MikeH121

MikeH121

Thanks for the info (maybe) I was in Milford we do work for Facets, because of your post I stopped in to get info on Layaway...kinda sorry I did.

I am past the Amelia location more. Have seen a gun I would maybe like. Now I know I can put 20% down and got 60 days to buy. If I cancel it costs me 10% of what I put down. So a $500 gun needs $100 down, If I cancel it costs me 10 bucks. But I got 60 days no fees or finance charges.

As I said kinda sorry I inquired after reading your post. This is just gonna cost me more money...but I'll end up with more guns. :banghead:

11. diesel

diesel

Get use to it, pal. An addiction must be properly fed and fed often....LOL:flag: