Gun Stand repurposed wood

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by MikeH121, April 7, 2013.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Made a gun stand. Just playing with an Idea. Used a Bourbon Box, pine, oak and springs, some 44 mag shells.

A) The Bourbon Box.

B) Pine insert under which is 8 springs with caps I had. So the bottom insert floats.

C) 2 White oak 1x4 with a channel cut into them. Was making a stand for the ex's loom.

[​IMG]

D) A Wenge butterfly to help hold the oak together so no screws used.

E) 44Mag casing used as a stop can be removed. More holes and it can be adjusted for any height.

[​IMG]

F) Just a Pine piece with a hole pegged to a 1 1/4 dowel again a 44mag used as a stop

[​IMG]

As adjusted up.

[​IMG]

The Whole pic. The idea was to allow the bottom and top to float. No pressure on the stock, tube or barrel. Just repurposed the stuff I had. But I kinda like the bourbon box. All pieces except the pegged dowel and the 2 oak boards can be just pulled out and replaced/removed.

[​IMG]

2. Just like 10mm, is there ANYTHING your NOT good at? That is very nice and very sweet!

3. MikeH121

MikeH121

Just done a lot of things in my life my interests change. So when I get involved into something I like to go all in. I used to bulid and paint military figures. Up to 1/4 scale. I have to upload some pics. My best is a Samurai that was just blank resin. Of course some were sexy women. :D Like GI Jane. She is about 6 inches tall wearing a helmet, boots and airborne tattos. Conan is about 12 inches tall. I always went for realistic tones.

Built PC's as well modded the cases. All geek stuff. Just a matter of teaching yourself. Adapting.