Great deal on bullets at Cabela's

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by dogrtst, March 12, 2015.

1. A friend hooked me up with a great bargain at Cabela's Bargain Cave. A (500 count) box of Berrie's Plated Bullets in .45 LC marked down from $82.99 to $57.99. The box was marked down because it had broken and some of the bullets might have spilled out. SO just for yuks, when I got home, I counted them out and ended up with 499. So only one bullet missing - not a bad bargain.

There was also a 500 count box of I believe it was Rainier cast bullets in .45 LC marked down from $116 to $68 - wish I had more cash. It's probably still there.

Never thought to check the Bargain Cave for reloading stuff but now I will every trip out there.

dogrtst

2. dkay62

dkay62

I bought a 250 box of 240 gr. 44 cal. in the cave for $25 yesterday! I think if the package is broke, they put them in there. Berry's bullets packages break...a lot!

3. Damn! I wish I had known, Dougie. I would have gone with you. Humm . . . I'm going to have to be carefu;l when i handle a box of bullets so they don't fall and break up.

I will be visiting the cage soon.

dogrtst

4. dkay62

dkay62

OK. This week I will break the boxes....and you buy them. Next week you break the boxes......:p

5. dkay62

dkay62

They had great sale last month on Berry's. I stocked up. $62.24/500 for 44 and 45LC. That is $6.22 per 50. Probably reload the ammo with powder and primers for about $9 a box. Not too shabby.

Cabela's Order.JPG

6. dkay62, you're killing me! I have to wait til next week before my SS check (read: ammo fund money) comes in - I'm dyin' over here!

I need .44 Mag bullets. For the Hornady brass. I guess I'll need FTX bullets with the longer ogive. Any more .45 Colt left, or did you buy it all?

Jealous in Grove City.

Gr8rtst

7. dkay62

dkay62

Bob, I did not look at the shelves, but they usually have 45LC 250 gr. I know you have not shot up all those bullets you got out of the Bargain Cave. Did you get your Jeep fixed?Want to go to LEPD for an hour and shoot? Grandpa says "Hi". Well, actually he says BLAM!.....BLAM!......BLAM!......LOL!

Colt SAA 1905 B.jpg