Got my c&r looking for a compact ccw weapon what are my options

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by sttroy216, September 23, 2013.

1. sttroy216

sttroy216

I just got word back i reiceved my c&r and i was wondering what should i get for self defense,i want something small that i can get into my pocket not to bulky light in weight good stoping power and possbily with a safety switch what are good choices the cz might be to big for my needs i was thinking a 25 or something.

also were can i purchase c&r weapons online and have them shipped to me and are there any tricks of the trade i need to know

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

Hungarian FEG PA-63 in 9x18 Mak basically a copy of the Walther 9 mm James Bond used. It is also my Avatar pic with Grips I made from walnut.

walnut2.JPG

You can find one for under 300 dollars.

In a Desantis Nemesis holster I can kidney carry wearing a T-Shirt.

3. OK, let me see if I have this right.

You're looking for a concealed carry weapon that also qualifies as a "C&R" firearm?

By definition, a "C&R" firearm would NOT be something I'd think about carrying "for real".

Assuming you do find the perfect "C&R" firearm at the price you like. Are you going to just carry it from day one?

How about shooting it on a regular basis, you know, to keep current on your carry gun?

If you're going to be a collector, that's one thing, but thinking seriously about carrying this as your Daily Carry Gun doesn't really sound like a good idea. Throw in a pocket carry, hopefully with a decent pocket holster and this still isn't looking like a good idea.

With that said, I'm open to ideas on why this is a good plan.

Remember, once you start to carry that weapon, you're in a whole different league and will have to change some of your plans and actions accordingly.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I'm curious why you would select a "C&R" gun over something from this century.

AD

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

AD...C&R qualifier is 50 yrs manufacture date. The Makarov series, Hungarian, Polish, Chech, Russian, are all simple blowback military and police issue. They are very HARD to Kill. Watch the VID

Makarov Torture Test - YouTube