Got Black Powder?

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by PrepperTraining, August 27, 2012.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

How many of you have/use black powder? Are you more into this history? Extending your deer season? I'm just curious. There is a new blog that looks promosing: http://muzzyuniversity.blog.com/

I just got started with black powder this year. I decided to try it because it was cheap to buy the rifle and I was looking for something to change things up a bit. Besides - it still goes >BOOM<

2. diesel

diesel

Used to be into it heavy, back when there was no ammo other than round ball or maxi ball. Used to pour my own rounds and measured every one of them and the powder charges as well.
    Got away from it years ago when they became modern rifles instead of primitive weapons.
    However, i recently purchased a reproduction 1860 army revolver. It seems to be very well made and is a ball to shoot. I must say that it is quite a bit more accurate than i would have believed.:flag:

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Yeah - I'm thinking about a revolver too. I'm looking at this one.

A friend at work is boasting sub 1" groups at 100 yds with his muzzy.

4. diesel

diesel

Thats a beauty, Prep. Traditions is well known in the smoke pole market. They've been around for a while and i understand that their revolvers are top notch. That particular revolver that you show is a new army revolver. It has a top strap which makes the weapon much more sturdy.
    Let me know how you like it when you get it.

P.S. i wouldn't want your buddy mad at me!......LOL:flag: