Got 1000rds 45acp

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by cableguy, July 28, 2012.

1. cableguy

cableguy

I forgot to post earlier, I ordered a 1000rds of 45 acp last week. Should be here Monday. I paid 399 shipped from ammoman.com. Please let me know if I got screwed, but they seem competitive because their price includes shipping. The ammo is fed American eagle fmj. That'll get me a nice amount of brass to start reloading.

2. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Budsgunshop.com has some good deals on ammo sometimes. Georgia arms as well has some deals sometimes, good shooting:)

3. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Cableguy,

You're about the 4th guy this week (and last) who has told me about a good deal at ammoman.

I just got my recent 45ACP order in from Georgia-Arms.

$340/1000 shipped to my front door.

Believe me when guys start telling me about good deals with online ammunition, I seriously check them out and I did go over to ammoman a few times, in fact EVERY time I hear about a good deal.

Also just found one with a good price from "FreedomMunitions" who appeared to have a very good price on ammo, although you still paid shipping, it was cheaper than my usual supplier so I ordered up a test load of 250 rounds which hopefully will be here on Monday.

They were $20 cheaper per thousand than Georgia-Arms!!

So, as I order a LOT of online ammuniton, I'll be sure and report back if this stuff from FreedomMunitions.com is decent stuff.

AD

4. diesel

diesel

.40 cents a rd. that sounds like a good deal to me.

5. diesel

diesel

Re: Got 100rds 45acp

.32 cents a round sounds even better, A.D. I'll have to check out Ammoman. Just bought 2000 rds. from Cabelas of .223 for .26 cents a rd. Sounds like Ammoman can beat this. If anyone has bought .223 from him, let me know the price and if it's any good. Thanx

6. cableguy

cableguy

So basically, I took it in rump.:cry: oh well will check out these others next time around.

7. cableguy

cableguy

The last time I got 223 was from aim surplus in Middletown. 500rds fir 116 bucks. That was with tax. I also went and picked it up, so no shipping cost.

8. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Where was the 32 cents per round at for 45ACP? Ammoman or someplace else?

Shipping included?

AD

9. diesel

diesel

I'm sorry A.D. .34 cents a rd. I was refering to the 1000 rds. you bought for $340. .34 cents a round.....right? Or is my math off as usual?

10. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Yep, you've got it right.

Here's the label from one of my last orders.

[​IMG]

11. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Guys,

There's something happening for sure.

My lastest ammo order took 8 days to ship this time instead of the usual 2 days. Very unusual.

They did say that orders have been very high and in "large" amounts so they were a bit backlogged. The girl did keep me informed as to the status of my order and marked it as shipped this morning.

Anybody else make a big ammo purchase lately and have a slightly extended shipping time?

AD

12. Re: Got 100rds 45acp

Hmm, just dropped back into this thread and see I forgot to "report back" on the Freedom Munitions order.

It showed up on time and the entire order shot without a problem.

I'll watch their prices and order up again when the time comes.

AD

13. diesel

diesel

Thats .23 a round GC. Far better than i did pal.