Get together!

Discussion in 'OHGO Events' started by PrepperTraining, March 24, 2014.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Hey guys,

I am heading up to the range in Canal Fulton on March 29. This is an open invite to anyone (but specifically Diesel, Minimal Brat and I think OldMan10mm is up that way). Anyone else is welcome to come also. Can we meet for an early lunch at the same place we met last year? Is 11:00 gonna be too early for lunch?

I will have my .300 Blackout pistol to look at (can't shoot it there - no rifle calibers allowed). I will also have my .223 Thompson Center Contender (again can't shoot that :(...) BUT - I will have my Desert Eagle in .44 magnum and my new Glock 22 in .40 for anyone to try. If any of you know of a range where we can shoot rifle caliber's, I'm open to changing locations.

Anyone that wants to PM me for my cell number - feel free if you don't have it from last year.

Prep

2. I wasn't involved in last years get-together,so I need directions/address/location/something.

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

4. looks easy enough,I77 after the airport,portage street exit,portage street turns into locust street.
    weather permitting.

5. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Latest update:

I will be at:
    Canal Grille
    2223 Locust St S
    Canal Fulton, OH 44614
    about 11:00 or so. See you all there for lunch and then around the corner for shooting? It is an indoor range, but they only allow pistol calibers. Website for the range is a couple posts up.

6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I am feeling better. I can't wait to see everyone again. Hope anyone in the area can come. I am only about 10 min away from the range so if you want my cell phone number just send a message.

Last edited: March 27, 2014
  7. diesel

diesel

I'm sorry Prep, I won't be able to make it. Maybe next time. Have fun.:flag:

8. planning on it, weather permitting. Only got 2 to bring,S&W CS9 'Chiefs Special'(for CCW when I eventually take a class) and S&W M19 357 that 'locked up' last fall when OGCJason and I met at the Amherst store/range. Took it apart and got it unlocked,couldn't find anything wrong,so we'll see. I got your cell Prepper and you got mine. Camera for pics,decisions decisions which one.

9. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Dang Diesel - I just sent you a PM so I guess you can ignore that. Gonna miss you dude...

10. mapping shows 44 miles/51 minutes from there to FinFurFeather in Ashland. If I make it to the 'get-together',I'll probably go to FFF afterwards.

11. diesel

diesel

Sometime the Smiths will lock up because the hand ejector rod unscrews just a smidgen. Might be something to look at, Oldman.:flag:

12. that's the 1st thing I looked at when I got it unlocked,still 'pliers' tight.

13. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Hey OldMan - this is an indoor range... Weather shouldn't matter for shooting.

14. I tried to get the 29th off but was notr able too. I have the 30th off damnit. I wish you folks a wonderful time and lot of good shooting. Take care and have fun there.

15. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Darn diesel was hoping to see you again. Whitewolf we have got to set this up next time so you can come. Will be nice to see those of you I haven't met.

16. WEATHER PERMITTING,the Camaro Z28 does NOT go out in the snow !!!

17. diesel

diesel

I was looking forward to seeing all of you as well, had a real good time last year.
    As my luck would have it, something came up on my better halfs side and I must be there.
    Shoot straight and have fun.:flag:

P.S. great to see you back on the board, Brat. Hope everything is ok with you and your family.:flag:

18. got the range and grille in GPS,weather is in a continuously downward spiral,late sat morning sleet and ice,sat afternoon up to 3" of snow,not looking good for me.
    was planning on FinFurFeather(Ashland) afterwards,for casting stuff, and then FFF(Berea) driving back up on I71. They called me Tuesday that the gun I ordered back in December of 2012 in not available and come get the $50 I put down against the order. My ODNR annual range permit needs renewal(at FFF),so that would have been accomplished too.
    The gun I ordered was a Mossberg SA-20 20ga semi auto short barrel.

19. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Had a great time today helping MinimalBrat's guest learn her way around the 9mm and .40 Glocks. Also got to try out my new (to me) Desert Eagle. It was great seeing MinimalBrat again, thanks for coming! We'll have to plan a trip to Springfield next year. (You hear that Reaper? We'll be coming to your neighborhood!)

20. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Was such a great time seeing you again. Was nice seeing kenny and Mrs Kenny lol Kathy. Barbara had a great time. All the way home and he told me this and he told me that and you told me that but I forgot ( with her little excited giggle ) lol. We have created a monster or another shooting buddy for me not sure. Before she was happy to shoot my .22 now she is going to want to shoot my nine's lol. Thanks so much for coming up was great fun. Yup we have to do the Springfield thing. I think there are quiet a few, here in the room, from your area.

Thanks for letting me know you got home. I was starting to wonder.