First Look: Heizer Defense Pocket Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by whitewolf68, August 22, 2013.

1. In 2011, Missouri-based Heizer Defense entered the personal defense market with its diminutive Heizer DoubleTap, a pocket handgun built specifically with concealed carry in mind.

Now, Heizer has taken the pocket pistol concept a step further, introducing the brand new Heizer Defense Pocket Shotgun. This single-shot .410 handgun features a break-open design with a stainless steel or titanium finish. Heizer boasts extreme reliability from the Pocket Shotgun, putting 5,000 rounds through it over the course of two-and-a-half days without a fail. The Pocket Shotgun is expected to hit shelves in November with a price point around $499. Check out the Pocket Shotgun in action at the range.

Read more: First Look: Heizer Defense Pocket Shotgun - Guns & Ammo

2. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

While it's an interesting little fellow and appears to be both reliable and easy to conceal, I would only consider it as a BUG. I idea of using it as a primary SD gun and only being able to fire one 410 round :uhoh: (without reloading) doesn't seem like a well thought out plan to me :lol:

3. I have to agree.

Just because something CAN be manufactured doesn't mean it should be manufactured.

There are currently a lot of new sidearms and defensive guns coming to market, some of which are pretty odd and almost unusable. I tend to think that a lot of these are targeted at the new CCW holder as a "wonder gun" that they don't have to touch or work with. Just purchase it, put it in your pocket and you're good to go.

Now, as we all know, it just doesn't work that way.

Any guess as to how many practice rounds will go through this new .410 shotgun before the owner puts in in the drawer at home and never fires it again?

The reality of concealed carry usually hits home about the second day the person has to get the sidearm, get it loaded and carry it around all day.

But once again, I'm slowly moving off course/topic here.

The single shot, .410 pocket gun is interesting, but for "real" self defense, is this what you would really carry?

I'm thinking not.

AD (just my point of view, nothing personal of course)

4. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I suspect that you are correct. It would be cool though to have a pocket "ShotPistolGun" to shoot skeet with if a clay pigeon just happens by :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :D

Last edited: August 22, 2013