• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

fire lapping

Has anyone on this forum fire lapped their revolver? Or tuned their cylinder throats? I'm thinking about doing so on my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag.

Using cast bullets with out lube . They are rolled and coated with a lapping compound grit starting out with 400, 600,800 and 1200 grit. Shooting x amount of 400 grit cleaning bore after firing then shooting next grit cleaning and repeating till you get the thread choke out of barrel and imperfections out of barrel. Have you ever lapped the valves on that old 283 or 327 back in the day, Some idea put using bullets with compound . If cylinder throats are opened to over cast bullet dia. and bore choke where barrel is screwed on to revolver frame groups will shrink. Some Rugers are prone to this I feel a good scoped .44 mag should hold under two inch groups at 100 yards off a sand bag. Also a good trigger job is a must Wolf springs smoothing out machine marking on triggers part.:):flag::flag::flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Using cast bullets with out lube . They are rolled and coated with a lapping compound grit starting out with 400, 600,800 and 1200 grit. Shooting x amount of 400 grit cleaning bore after firing then shooting next grit cleaning and repeating till you get the thread choke out of barrel and imperfections out of barrel. Have you ever lapped the valves on that old 283 or 327 back in the day, Some idea put using bullets with compound . If cylinder throats are opened to over cast bullet dia. and bore choke where barrel is screwed on to revolver frame groups will shrink. Some Rugers are prone to this I feel a good scoped .44 mag should hold under two inch groups at 100 yards off a sand bag. Also a good trigger job is a must Wolf springs smoothing out machine marking on triggers part.:):flag::flag::flag:
Wow, very cool, Dan. Learn something cool every day!