• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Finally got one

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Actually I finally got "another" one.

Seems I've been really hitting my daily carry gun, the Glock 30/Gen3 pretty hard. Over 10,000 rounds through it, mostly in IDPA shooting and various other matches. Even I was starting to think I should at least think about making that particular sidearm my "practice and IDPA" gun and get another one for EDC. There's nothing wrong with my current Glock 30 and it's still has all the original parts in it! Stone stock!

It took almost a year but I finally found a local dealer who met all the requirements for me to purchase a new gun.

1. They were a Glock stocking dealer (whatever that means).
2. They would accept the GSSF coupon to purchase a new Glock.
3. THEY WOULD CHARGE THE PRICE GLOCK SAYS THEY SHOULD FOR A GSSF GUN.

Number 3 was always the big hangup. A lot of dealers had the firearm or could get it quickly, but they all wanted to sell it at full retail or perhaps a few dollars off. Nope, that's not what Glock says.

I can see a slight markup as that's just business, but there is a small margin built in to the "suggested" Glock GSSF coupon price.

Well, today I walked into a local gun shop (that I don't normally go to) and after asking the 3 question above, they hit all three with the correct answers! He quoted me the GSSF price ($491) and said he didn't have one but would call Glock to see if they did. Yep, they did. He wanted to know if I would buy it now. Well, DUH, of course I would. That's why I was there!

So, life is good on Friday the 13th. I get a replacement 45 for daily carry and can shoot the bejesus out of my "former" carry gun, which is identical to my new carry gun!

AD (the guy with the new Gen 4 Glock 30!)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
OK, picked up the new Glock 30 Gen 4 today after lunch at the golf club. Also signed up three new shooters for IDPA who were complaining about the local outdoor state range. A good day for me!

Anyway, just playing with the function checks and all that, the trigger is the best one so far, out of the box, of all the Glocks I've picked up. No gritty feeling and seeing as I how I do use the LEM reset, it was crisp and quick.

I'll run some test rounds to verify that my normal EDC ammuntion will function properly and then shoot a few IDPA matches with it to make sure it can handle the pressure of me slamming and banging it around. Only then does it become my new, replacement daily carry gun.

Also, I finally figured out how much the dealer makes on a "GSSF" coupon gun. Glock says they have to sell it for $491. When he plopped it on the case top for me to inspect, HIS invoice was inside and it said he paid $448 for it.

So, in spite of dealers saying they don't make anything on the "coupon" guns, they make about $50 or so depending on whatever extra "fees" they may tack on.

Not bad for filling out some paperwork and making a phone call and no selling involved at all! For new shooters, they now go back to that dealer and start buying ammo, holsters, targets, various "Tactical Timmie" stuff and eventually most of their friends convince them to ditch the Glock and get a real gun, so the dealer gets to sell them another one! Is this a great country or what!

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
That's not a bad price at ALL! Congrats on the new EDC and one question, how do I get that pricing?? :D
When you join the Glock Shooting Sports Federation you get a "coupon" from Glock that says you can purchase a gun at the GSSF price. This is for anybody who is a member. Membership is $25 a year and you also get to shoot in any of the GSSF matches around the country as you see fit.

They did change the rules a bit several years ago when it was discovered that most people would join GSSF, buy a new gun at a steep discount and never come back so NOW the deal is you get the coupon when you renew your membership OR if you join for two years, you'll get the coupon right away.

I don't follow the GSSF matches like I used to as they're all basically "static" shooting and very similar to Steel Challenge but with less bullets. I think I did a report where I shot with Massad Ayoob looking over my shoulder a few years ago and missed the first plate in a 24 plate array.

Anyway, if you own a Glock, join the GSSF and get a coupon. Find a dealer who will actually accept it and buy it there. The hard part is finding a dealer who will quote the actual GSSF price. I've bought three different guns from three different dealers as I had to look around the state. Now I have one just up the road!

The GSSF program does bring a lot of new shooters into the shooting sports world. And they give away random guns at every match as well as gift certificates and other stuff. I know of two local guys who have "won" guns in the random draw of entries.

Here's my entry ticket from a previous GSSF match. I sent in a renewal and entry for this match and as it turned out I was the very first person to sign up for the match in Orlando.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
As an update, right on time, I just got another new GSSF coupon in the mail with my recent renewal.

So now I've got another year to figure out what I "need" to get.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Well, as of December 2nd, the new Glock 30/Gen4 is now officially in use as my EDC.

I finished up my preliminary testing using the 3 different rounds that I normally carry.

All came out just fine and the final 30 rounds today (10 strong, 10 weak and 10 freestyle), shot as fast as possible, ran perfectly.

So, the "old" Glock 30 (Gen 3) becomes the full time IDPA gun without worrying about daily carry for it.

AD