• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Field trip Wednesday for the Toledo folks...

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
but ALL are welcome to join. WE are meeting at Bass Pro Shops at 10AM and noon we are heading to Tony Packos for lunch and then to Shooters of Maumee for some range time. ALL are welcome to join us and encouraged it will be a fun day for ALL!

Hope to see you there. :thumbs:

P.S. please RSVP to this thread if you are going to be able to join us. We're trying to get a head count for Packos. :)

Last edited:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I'd love to come but my back won't allow me that much time in my truck. I hope to make it next time, as i'd like to meet you fine folks.:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Had an GREAT day today with Prepper and his friend. Shopping, lunch and the firing range. I have to tell say Prepper is one hell of a good shot too.

It was awesome to be able to meet you today Prepper and again I cannot thank you enough. :)

WE did talk and hopefully we can get some more folks in on the next trip. ;)

Last edited:

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
Well, White Wolf - you shot pretty well yourself. Stop selling yourself short!

White Wolf and I were talking about getting together next week Wednesday if he's available. Any one else interested in coming along? I know this time was kind of short notice.

I know Minimal Brat was asking about where the range was located - I think I may be able to convince her that we don't bite. Now, if we can get RJ and a few others, we can have a real party!

The range is Shooters of Maumee and it is one of the nicest, cleanest ranges I've been on. The web address is: Gun Rentals | Shooters of Maumee and includes a map.

We had lunch before shooting at Tony Packo's. Their web address is: Tony Packos - Hungarian Hot Dogs, Chili, Pickles, & Peppers and we ate at the location on Front Street: 1902 Front Street, Toledo, OH 43605.

I'd like to see if we can do it again next week Wednesday. Meet at the restaurant around noon-ish and then head off to the range. Who's in?

Would love to meet you all and was even trying to meet up with Pepper but the hubby said NO WAY I could come all that way alone. He said I must be out of my mind to go alone to meet up with a bunch of guys I don't know in a part of the state I don't know. I said well heck I am armed lol.

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
So, Brat - you were supposed to let us know where we COULD all meet up in your area. You mentioned a range you frequent. Where is it? I'm thinking about everyone meeting over lunch, then going to your range. Where would be a good place for lunch near you? Where is your range?

BTW - which one of you kooks has been talking about me to Brat's SO??

Would love to meet you all and was even trying to meet up with Pepper but the hubby said NO WAY I could come all that way alone. He said I must be out of my mind to go alone to meet up with a bunch of guys I don't know in a part of the state I don't know. I said well heck I am armed lol.

The range is right outside canal fulton. I call it the cave lol. Midwest Gun Club Gosh this is a little town, ok bigger than the town I live in but a little town. I am trying to think what is there. Hmmm there is a subway lol and I think a mc donalds. Oh there is a dairy queen lol. Come on this is a little town lol. I know there is a mexican place I think that is a bar also right next to the range. I will drive down there in a few and see what is there. Easy to get to you go on 77 and get off on portage drive up a ways and there is is lol. Now you all know what " drive up a ways means right " lol the hubby is laughing his butt off.

Oh my gosh lol. The hubby asked if I was going to dress up or wear what I usually wear. I said I will take off the sweat pants and the ratty shirt and put on a pair of jeans and a better ratty shirt. I might even brush my hair. He said hmmmm maybe I better send the son with you lol. We DO NOT let the son go to the range lol. He is just to funny. it is a big joke in the house. On ladies night I do my nails and make up. Curl my hair and look as good as I can lol. You can go to the range with men and look bad. You CAN NOT go to the range where there are going to be woman and look bad.

Last edited:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Thank you Prepper but I still need some more range time. I do not get out nearly enough but I do feel confident that I can at least make my mark on the bad guy in close quarters if need be. Well I hope I can anyhow. :whistle:

I just got my schedule for next week and I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. :cuss:

Brat you need not worry about Prepper he is a truly great person and I might add gentlemen. I guarantee we/he does not bite and like you said you will be armed as well. Oh also we always meet in a public place too so really there is no worry.

I was hoping that RJ could come out for the next get together and show off his talents as well. :)

It was a really good time and I hope that others will be able to come out and play even if I cannot myself.

A good time will be had by all that attend and yes Shooters is a fantastic range.

Well, White Wolf - you shot pretty well yourself. Stop selling yourself short!

White Wolf and I were talking about getting together next week Wednesday if he's available. Any one else interested in coming along? I know this time was kind of short notice.

I know Minimal Brat was asking about where the range was located - I think I may be able to convince her that we don't bite. Now, if we can get RJ and a few others, we can have a real party!

The range is Shooters of Maumee and it is one of the nicest, cleanest ranges I've been on. The web address is: Gun Rentals | Shooters of Maumee and includes a map.

We had lunch before shooting at Tony Packo's. Their web address is: Tony Packos - Hungarian Hot Dogs, Chili, Pickles, & Peppers and we ate at the location on Front Street: 1902 Front Street, Toledo, OH 43605.

I'd like to see if we can do it again next week Wednesday. Meet at the restaurant around noon-ish and then head off to the range. Who's in?

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Diesel my friend I am a fair shot at best. I am sure you'll do fine and have a great time. Hell you can bring the rifles as well to the indoor range. There was a guy there with his Mosin shooting the day we were there.

I'll try to make it if you promise not to make fun of my poor shooting.:flag:

ok, there is a dairy queen, mc donalds, burger king, two Mexican restaurants, Chinese restaurant., subway and pizza hut right close to the range. Right close as in you can see them or they are in the same plaza lol.

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
Dresss up? We're not going on an date for gosh sake - we're going shooting! Bring the son, bring the hubby, bring grandma too!! The more shooters we get, the more different guns we'll have! It's always fun learning and trying other people's guns.

I may have to get a haircut... Maybe White Wolf won't recognize me if I do...

Google maps shows a place called Canal Grill on Towpath Ave. Are they any good? I would be game to try them.

White Wolf - is this too far out of your way? Maybe bring some flyers or something. Let the owners know that we heard about them through our friend on OhGunOwners.net.

Also, how do I get some of those spiffy T-Shirts like you were sporting Wednesday?

-------------------------------------------
So - Here's a plan I propose...
Meet at the Canal Grill on Towpath Ave around noon, have lunch there then head over to the range and shoot until we're tired of shooting.

Anyone opposed?

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I agree, dress up for what?? If you husband is worried tell him to come along! We had a great time shooting.

I would be up for the drive as well. I just need to verify my work schedule as it is not complete just yet but the initial view is T-Th this coming week. I would most certainly bring a couple of flyers along as well. Always looking for more active members to join our wonderful community here.

As for the shirt I was wearing I had that custom made here in Toledo it cost me $30 but there are others available in the OHGO Shop link at the top. The only moneys the website get from sales is $1 per sale. That is the only markup I have place on the goods through the shop. Shirts are available through there but I am not sure on the turn-around time.

I will keep you updated as to my schedule and see if I can make it that way next week. :D

Hubby said he was kidding about everything except me driving between 2 and 3 hours by myself to an area I don't know lol. I do not take him or the son anywhere with me unless I have to lol.

Ok so the range is about 2 min from that canal grill. Canal Grille
2223 Locust St S, Canal Fulton, OH 44614 Towpath is the side road off locust. Shows how many years it has been since I have been down there. When I was growing up none of this stuff was here it was fields lol. I have no idea how you all would be coming in. I would think get off 77 at portage ( portage turns into locust ). If you are going south on 77 you would make a right at portage so if you were going north on 77 you would make a left on portage ( I was informed you want to go w on portage, fine fine get all technical why do you think I have a built in compass in my car. I would get lost in a wet paper bag with a hole in it. Anyway, take it all the way out to the grill, about 20 min, and then 2 min trip to the range. I didn't even know the place was there. The grill is in kind of a plaza and then the next plaza same side of the road has the gun range lol.

I can do Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday :)

Ok so the map looks squirrely lol. They are in the same plaza as Giant eagle . They are behind Burger king. I called them and said well I haven't been to Giant eagle in about 10 years or so when did you all move to this location lol. She said oh about 7 years ago lol. I said well I go to that darn shooting range all the time and didn't even know you were there. She said oh ya that place at the other end lolol. When you all see Giant Eagle let me know and I will stand out there with a big sign lolol WELCOME OHIO GUN OWNERS lol

Last edited:
Oh no I thought we would all have fun. That is ok I get to meet Pepper and maybe someone else too. I am not worried about anything lol. I am 50 years old and thanks to the steroids over the last 3 or 4 months I have put on 80 pounds. There are just not that many desperate men out in the world for me to worry lol. Now you all can't shoot your best lol. I can do ok at 20 feet but I am darn nervous to shoot around any of you lol.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Don't fret Brat. I'm like Wolf, not the best of shots but good enough to put down an intruder in my home.
BTW...i'll bring some sweet toys for ya'll to shoot if I can bring along some rifles?:D :flag: :flag: