Feb. 14 is Starbucks Appreciation Day

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by whitewolf68, January 26, 2012.

1. [TABLE="class: blog, width: 659"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: contentpaneopen, width: 659"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Written by Philip Mulivor [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: createdate, colspan: 2"]Thursday, 26 January 2012 09:59[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]A bunch of fringe-group kooks known as the National Gun Victims Action Council have called for a boycott of Starbucks on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14. They've targeted Starbucks because the popular coffee shop chain has steadfastly refused to impose firearms restrictions above and beyond the gun laws that already exist at their 18,890 locations.
    To ensure that the boycott gains no traction, many blogs serving the gun-rights community have designated Feb. 14 asStarbucks Appreciation Day. Please visit Starbucks on Valentine's Day and buy the fanciest item you can. They serve a lot more than coffee.
    If we do this right, Starbucks will be looking forward to future anti-rights shenanigans for a guaranteed bump in sales.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. I don't normally "do" Starbucks as I'm probably one of the few black coffee drinkers in the store, but I've been known to push down a cheese danish and a cup of tea from time to time.

I've convinced the wife that she NEEDS another double-hip-filling iced drink from Starbucks on Valentine's Day so we'll be there on the appointed day!

AD

[​IMG]

3. Thank you AD. I am not a coffee drinker but I will certainly be visiting them for something else to show my support as well. I know my wife loves their hot chocolate.