Favorite rifle?

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by HKlover, April 7, 2012.

1. HKlover

HKlover

What is your favorite rifle?

mine has got to be my c93 .223/556

2. My favorite rifle?

How about my only "real" rifle.

The classic Winchester Model 94 Lever gun in .357 mag.

It just feels good to handle it and shoot it.

AD (can't believe I don't have a picture of it somewhere arond here!!!)

3. HKlover

HKlover

the only lever action ive shot was a henry golden boy 22mag very accuate
    ill put some pictures of my c93 up

Last edited: April 8, 2012
  4. Well, you guys forced me to drag out the Winchester and go put some bullets on steel this afternoon.

I hadn't had that gun out in a very long time. Probably two years or so.

Ran one swipe of cotton down the barrel, loaded up and put the cross hairs on the head of a freshly painted steel target.

Bang. Dead nuts center of the head. Next shot was a "heart" shot and then a simple shot to the body.

Only 50 yards but then I've only got that one sighted in to "zero" out at 100 yards with the ammo that I run through it.

It was fun shooting the rifle again. Knocking over plates is still fun, no matter what you're shooting them with!!

It's kind of sad that I really don't have any good reason to shoot it regularly.

But if Zombies start coming down the street, I can get quality head shots at 100 yards for sure!!

AD

5. Mine has to be my Savage 10FP .308 bolt rifle. That is just a lot of fun to shoot and so damned accurate it's scary.

It's a baseline Police sniper rifle package from years back.

6. HKlover

HKlover

7. diesel

diesel

My Olympic .223 or my 760 Rem. in 30-06. I love shoot'n that old Remington but the .223 is a ball also. Anyone know if they make tactical equipment for the 760? I'd like to change stocks on that old 760 and put the wood away. It's in great shape.

8. cableguy

cableguy

My favorite as of right now? M1 Garand. Love the ping. I only own 1 other rifle which is a ar-15/m4 length.

9. cableguy

cableguy

That's cool. A buddy of mine has a g3/.308 and the equivalent in .556, can't remember the designation though. About the only thing I don't like on your rifle or on my ar is the grip angle. It cause's my wrist to be cocked at a funny angle which I do not like. Oh and the direct gas system on the ar.

10. Orlando

Orlando

My favorite? Can you guess??
    [​IMG]

11. cableguy

cableguy

Holy crap!!!! that is AWESOME!!!! I shoulda bought 2 when I got mine.....Are they all Springfields?

12. Orlando

Orlando

Springfield, HRA and WRA

13. cableguy

cableguy

Mine is a Springfield. It's an arsenal rebuild, with all SA parts as far as I know. It does have a '43 receiver. I paid 825 for it 5yrs ago. I haven't seen a Garand for less then 1k in my area in over a year or more.

14. Orlando

Orlando

You really need to look into CMP, Very nice Garand will look used very little $625

15. HKlover

HKlover

i wish i had just one of those! very nice

16. cableguy

cableguy

Yes, you're right. I've been thinking about it. It seems like every time I have the funds together, I end up with another 1911.

17. Very nice collection. They all look like they are in pristine condition.