Favorite .22 to shoot

Discussion in 'Rimfire, Pellet and Mouse Fart Guns' started by Chris1911, July 30, 2012.

1. Ok, my favorite .22 is my Henry lever action. Lightweight and accurate as I am. What else do you have fun with?

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Hmmm... At first I thought you were saying the gun is as accurate and light weight as you are... ;)

Since you didn't specify rifle or handgun, My Ruger Mk III is my personal fave. It is far more accurate than I am, but I'm working on that. Considering taking it out for Squirrel plinking in a few months.

3. Haha, I'm far from lightweight. I like my ruger 22/45 a lot except for the takedown of it. Sometimes .22 are all I take to the range and I still have a great time. Enjoy the ruger.

4. I guess you could say my Ruger Charger 22 is my favorite "fun gun". For CC, and serious shooting, I 'll take my M&P Shield 9 every time.

5. Orlando

Orlando

My Ruger 22/45 and Kimber 82
    [​IMG]

dogrtst likes this.
  6. My S&W 422. Love that gun.

7. rjrivero

rjrivero

My favorite to shoot recently has been my Walter P-22 with my Gemtech Alpine suppressor. Such a fun gun to go plinking with!!

It's on the bottom of this picture:
    [​IMG]

8. There you go teasing again with the suppressors. LOL:cuss:

Beautiful pistols!

9. rjrivero

rjrivero

Sorry. The neighbors have horses. I try to be considate of the horseys. :angel:

10. NO worries my friend, just jealous is all. :)

11. Noel

Noel

My favorite .22 would probably be my only .22. A Beretta U22, 6inch barrel. Can usually put all 10 rounds in the center with that.

Would like to get the carbine kit for it, but soo much tax stamp...

Last edited: September 4, 2012
  12. AR Chief

AR Chief

Dublin
    I just picked up a SW M&P 15-22 Magpul edition and I would have to say it is my favorite .22 but it may be one of my favorite guns overall!

Well built and plenty of opportunity to p!mp it out any way I want to.

Kudos to SW for a purpose built .22 AR!!!

13. I assume it looks just like and standard AR but chambered in .22LR

Something I wish my dad would buy for us. He loves shooting .22's. :)

14. AR Chief

AR Chief

Dublin
    You are correct it is based off of a standard AR platform. The upper, lower and buffer spring tube (stock tube) are actually made from polymer so the overall gun weight is light... I would say at or less than 5 lbs. The SW models compared to others have a full upper and lower receiver set so they tear down for cleaning the same as a standard AR.

Of course at a "survivalists" approach this is a very light weapon system that could be used for hunting as well as for training with the same platform in other calibers. The last benefit is it "looks" the part. At a distance it looks like its bigger caliber cousins and it may be an effective visible deterrent.

I have heard they are very reliable but I don't have enough at this point to substantiate that claim.

They are selling these locally for $419.99 at the moment. $499.99 for the Magpul edition. I would expect to see these prices potentially climb in the coming months however.

15. Personally I have never really looked at the .22LR edition of the AR series. I will have to take a long hard look at those. I was considering a Just Right Carbine as well but I might have to put that off for something like this. Perhaps I can finally get my wife out shooting for once. LOL

16. AR Chief

AR Chief

Dublin
    My 10 year old daughter is starting to take interest in the shooting sports and I am hoping this is a great starter rifle for her. Low recoil and she will be learning as our brave women do entering the military. She will be familiar with a weapon system that she can grow and gain confidence with. They are definitely worth checking out.

I also have a .17hmr bolt gun from Savage that would be a great starter.

17. Glad to hear your teaching your daughter the right way. :) I am sure she'll soon graduate to the 5.56.

I always did like the .17 HMR as well. I should have bought the Savage when I had the chance for $200 new at Cabelas.

They are just plain fun to shoot.

18. I have two 22's that I reach for when I am heading out to the range for some fun. I have a Marlin 39A that was my fathers. He used it for squirrel hunting back in the 70's. The other is a Ruger single six that was bought new for me in 1971.

Jim

19. rebel_son

rebel_son

I like my ruger 22/45 and my smith & wesson m&p15-22.

.223 ammo is WAY TOO EXPENSVIE, so I have been practicing with that.

20. I have a GSG 1911 that I'm really beginning to like.Full size,extremly light,accurate and best of all I paid only 350.00 out the door at the Berea gun show.