Edc carry knife

Discussion in 'The Razors Edge' started by Chris1911, August 9, 2012.

1. Just curious what others carry for a knife? I have a Zero Tolerance 350 that I really like but my spyderco's get some pocket time as well.

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

OK - don't laugh, but I got a few of these on sale for $2.00 each. This is my EDC knife: 3" Folding Knife at Menards. Does everythign I need it to, sharp enough for my uses and affordable!

3. I carry something similar to that as well and only paid I think $10 for it. LOL Some of my other knives are the more expensive Kershaw Ken Onion series and a few other ones I carry when dressed in a suit. I love my cheap knives though, like you they do everything I need them too. If I happen to damage one it's a cheap replacement. ;)

4. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Yeah - coupled with my disposition to lose things... I'm not so upset over losing a $2.00 knife versus my $100 Spyderco Rescue

5. Yeah I can understand being upset over that. I had a $100 Kershaw Ken Onion that I let a friend barrow. He was screwing around even after I told him to stop it, he dropped it blade point first on concrete and snapped the tip off. I just about used it on him just like that. Thankfully they did cover it for me and replaced it.

6. rebel_son

rebel_son

I carry strong side a kershaw compound spring assisted kinfe. That is my main knife.

In the event that some moron tries to grab my gun I have a Gerber ez-out that is in my left front pocket on the clip.

7. Well it's half time for the Ohio State & Michigan State game. So I thought I would revive this thread and see if we can get any more knives on the board. I carried a Case Canoe pocket knife for years and still have it. I thought I would wonder into the next century and carry a more modern knife. I use my knives and sometimes misplace them from time to time. so I didn't want to put a lot of money into my next knife like a few have said already. I was in North Carolina on vacation and stopped into a local gun shop. They had a display of the Smith & Wesson spring assisted knives on the counter. They seemed like a solid knife for the $50 price tag. So I thought I would try one of them out.

View attachment 1016

Jim

8. diesel

diesel

You fellas got some great knives for the price. I believe there is no such thing as a "cheap" knife, just cheaper than the others. Even the inexpensive ones that are blasted out on a CNC machine will do the job for ya.
    I'm glad to see most of you carry one, as I keep one in my truck with a glass breaker and seatbelt cutter just in case of a wreck that may trap me.

Since I started making them, I can tell ya, any decent knife one buys for under a hundred bucks is a deal, let alone $2.00.

Even an inexpensive one like this little gutting knife, approx. $10.00 in material and 25 man hours invested, pales in comparison.:flag:
    View attachment 1017

9. reaper66

reaper66

I carry a Kershaw Blur and a Cold Steel Voyager XL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk