• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

did a little casting

I picked up a 4 cavity lyman mold 429421, I used to shoot them all the time & sold the mold a couple of years back. I was going to get out of the 44 business all together but ran across a couple of deals that I couldn't pass up.

429421-1.jpg 429421-2.jpg

I made up some test loads & just need a break in the weather to send them down range. The loads I'm tring are nothing hot, 900fps to 1050 fps range.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
WOW! A little casting? 40lb worth is quite a bite of casting. I've been looking at getting into casting for my 44 lever action. Let me know how those work out for you. I just might have to do some searching and get casting on those as well.

I had a marlin 1895 in 44mag back in the late 80's/early 90's with the micro-groove bbl. I used to shoot the same bullet in it, fed ok/no jams but I couldn't drive them very had due to the oversized bore of the micro-grooved bbl. They come a long way with molds now & have them in 432 & 434 rather than mine 429 that casts bullets at .4295 with range lead/hill pickings/scrap lead/everything but the kitchen sink.

I believe the 432 molds are for the tighter bbl'd micro-grooves & the oversized cylinders on some revolvers. And the 434 molds ar for the micro-groove bbl's.

I did test loads for 2 different pistols today, a S&W 629 classic & a contender with a 10" bbl. Used 4 different powders & shot test groups @50ft from a bench. I shot 6shot groups with the S&W and 5shot groups with the contender. The only loads that will be retested are loads that produced groups with all bullets touching.

The S&W shot groups with all bullets touching with 5.0g & 6.5g of international clays, 7.5g of bullseye and 5.5g of clays. The contender shot groups with all bullets touching with 7.5g of bullseye & 6.5g of HP-38.

I'll be retesting the 7.5g of bullseye, 6.5g of international clays & the 6.5g of HP-38 in both pistols @ 25yds & 10 shot groups next. And I'll put a scope on the contender for the 25yd tests.