day late and a $ short

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by diesel, June 17, 2012.

1. diesel

diesel

Went to a hugh barn sale in Columbiana county last Sat. Guy had tons of "guy stuff". Bought some tools i needed, then asked the 81 yr. old gentleman who just lost his wife, if he had any firearms for sale. Said i was a day late, he sold all 3 that he had day before. For the hell of it, i asked him what he had sold. He said, " an old 30-06 of the make he didn't remember, a S&W .38 revolver, and a WINCHESTER .410 o/u." Then he went on to tell me he sold ALL3 FOR $100!!!!!!!!!!!
    Story of my life, always an inch short and a day late.
    In a way, kinda sad someone would beat up an old farmer that bad, but if he would have offered that lot to me, i probably would had taken them for that price...........maybe not. My have given him more money cause the guilt would have beat ME up. LOL
    Winchester .410 o/u's go for quite a bit of $.

2. cableguy

cableguy

Man, that sucks. I've been there. I would have given the guy a little more too. Wonder what the 30.06 was. It's like when I have cash to spend at a gun show and I can't find what I want, but I always do when I don't have the funds.

3. diesel

diesel

LOL, C.G. been there and done that same thing myself. You may qualify for my club......"day late and a dollar short club."

4. cableguy

cableguy

hell ya its annoying but what can I do. I started adhering to a save my money or sell something policy if there is something I want, like a 9mm 1911, oh ya.

5. BigDawgFirearms

BigDawgFirearms

Check out Big Dawg Firearms & Supply at 6182 Chambersburg Road Huber Heights, OH 45424. They charge no fees for receiving and processing the firearms for you and if you dont see what you want in stock and they can get it from a distributor, they will order it, give you 10% off and charge no shipping and handling. They also give all military (active, retired, or vet), all Law enforcement, and all fire rescue a discount.