comedian gone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Room' started by daniellawecki, August 11, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Robin Williams dead he took his own life. RIP:(:banghead:

2. I'll miss the hell out of the guys stand up comedy and his acting. That's one hell of a talent that will be missed sorely.But... I'm gonna piss some people off here. I can't feel sorry for anybody who takes their own life. If they don't value their own life or that of their family enough to fight through their struggles because their will to survive is nonexistent, fuck 'em. Suicide is the act of a broken mind and the ultimate act of weakness.

3. Thrash, it is a shame that as a fellow human you can't be concerned enough for you fellow man to forgive them for their weaknesses. Until you have been to the edge, where you just don't care about anything. You will never understand the anguish of going on with life. 30 some years ago I stood at that edge and know what it feels like and can understand what can drive a man to take that last step. I also know and realize what can bring you back, the concern for others and how it would effect them.
    ~
    I pray that some day you will understand that there are emotions one feels that you know nothing about and that it is not our place to judge anyone.

4. This is where you are wrong. I have lost friends and family. Due to suicide. Days before Robin Williams killed himself, my sisters grandfather hung himself. It's not pleasant, to say the least. I have others who have been to the brink of it. Instead of succumbing to their misery, they took charge of their lives and fought through it. I have the highest respect for them for it. We all have our weaknesses, you're right. But suicide offers no solution. I may not understand what drives a person to it, but giving up doesn't fix a fucking thing. It just gives your loved ones more pain and sorrow.

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    My grandkids father committed suicide when they where young. They were 2-3 the granddaughter talked about it all most everyday for a year or two. My grandson never talked much about what happened. They live with me and the wife and their mother at my house. Boy its tough on everyone my daughter wanted nothing to with guns. She finely let them go shooting with me.

6. Do you really think that while standing at that brink they are thinking about anything else other than themselves, their problems or how it is going to affect the ones he loves. No suicide is a selfish act only considered by people who feel they are ALL ALONE without hope of redeeming help for their situation. At that moment their only hope is to end their pain, to stop their suffering, to eliminate through absence their problems. Not really knowing just how many resources they have to help them cope and understand that there is help for them and their situation. Because again they have isolated themselves generally and feel all alone, without a friend to turn too for help.
    ~
    So understanding what drives a person to take that step is deeply personal and painful, a low point in a person's life that only brings back the pain and suffering that we bury within ourselves in hopes of forgetting that moment forever. I'm done.

7. Dogshawred you are so right with your post above. I too have been to that razors edge and almost completed my own self destruction. My life was spiraling out of control. I lost my job I was losing my wife of only a couple of years marriage and among may other problem related to severe depression.

One day while I was listening to the very detrimental thoughts in my head I found myself with a pistol in my hands and shortly there after close to my head. I can still remember that day quite vividly. So vividly that I can see, feel and smell the house and living room.

I was at my wits end and nothing was stopping the mental pain I was experiencing. No medication was helping, no alcohol, nothing. I had no other way that I knew to stop that mental pain. I have been through a LOT in my life more then I could ever post here and I have been in physical pain that most could be screaming constantly. Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing could ever match the pain my my own mind at that particular time. I was tired of of the battles and the pain that was being inflicted by my own mind and wanted the relief that was not coming. My only way out that I could see was death. You may think it was a cowards way and may think that I am a strong person for not going that far.

Let me tell you the only thing that saved me that day was God and my best friend that I lost about 4 years ago was my dog Toby. You see as I was crying and holding my head trying to get the thoughts and then voices to stop yelling at me, he walked into the living room stopped directly in front of me. He then sat down and locked his eyes with mine and would not break the stare he had with me. It was only then that I realized I had an obligation to him to remain and fight through the pain.

That was the first incident. There was one other just after his death which was not an easy time for me either but that is a whole other post.

Just so you know suicide is not in my opinion a cowards way out. It is sadly a way to end the mental suffering that MANY people find too unbearable to handle. I do not know other people's history here or around me so I cannot speak on your's or their behalf. I can tell you that until you experience that most extreme mental pain judging people is not good. I have been to the brink and back a couple of times and I push myself every day to remember the past and refuse to repeat it. It almost like a a recovering alcoholic or drug addict, everyday is another step forward but you always have that reminder of those horrible days past.

Mr. Williams was a great person overall. Him taking his life should be a wake up to people about the problems of drug and alcohol addiction as well as depression and mental illness. Mental illness is one of the most horrible diseases to have and battle. Everyday is a new challenge and can be an uphill battle.

In closing I wish to reiterate that people should not be judged for taking their own life. You have no idea what kind of personal hell they might be living in inside their own mind. I am not looking to beat anyone down for their views or beliefs. I am only trying to view a glimpse into the mind of someone with depression. I also do not want this to be used against me either. I am posting this solely as a learning lesson for folks, plain and simple.

8. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I feel for you Bro I could write a box I myself that would make the Bible seem like a fairy tail.

9. Wolf you have my heartfelt thoughts and prayers always. Sometimes life sucks and takes us to places that no one should ever have to go. Remember only the strong survive.
    ~
    This has gotten me through a lot and it is simple: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference."

10. Thank you Daniel. Perhaps some day you'll be able to write that book as a best seller. ;)

Looking forward to reading that as well.,.

11. Thank you Dogshawred. Yes life has a way of taking us on some very strange journeys at times. I am thankful that I was shown I had a greater purpose at that time in my life otherwise I would not be here to day for sure. I do not consider my self strong, I prefer the term determined.

Those words have been a guiding principle in my life many time in the past 46 years of life here on earth. I was once told that by my grandfather amongst many other life lessons that I cherish to this day.